Esteemed Contributor

Re: When is worn really worn out?

The last few years I have decluttered shoes, not because they wore out, but because they no longer fit my feet or they were no longer comfortable. The last pair of athletic shoes I donated were a pair of Abeo walking shoes from the Walking Company. The left shoe was too tight across the top of my foot and re-lacing them didn't help the fit. They were also a heavier shoe that I don't want.

I also tossed out a pair of Lifestride sandals that the pitch was too steep. I donated a pair of Fitflops as the soles were a dust magnet and looked awful. In a pandemic world who wants to walk around with dirt and dust stuck to the bottom of your shoes?

Valued Contributor

I have a pair of really worn out Van Eli flats that need to go.  One of my favorite!  

Honored Contributor

I have "difficult" feet....and I cherish shoes that do not make yfeet hurt.  I wear them until they just do not look good any more. One of my favorite pairs of shoes I wore until the heel came off in a store😄.  I had to limp around while shopping with one heel missing. 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I hope you headed straight for the shoe department! LOL

Valued Contributor

The shoes I wore on Thursday night that fell apart certainly are in this catagory!  And at a graduation--what a sendoff!