Trusted Contributor

What is your experience with ***TIEKS***?

What is your experience with Tieks. At $175 for the least expensive pair, I wonder what you think -- if you have tried them on.

I have a wide toebox and a narrow heal. "They" say I could try an 8 or a 9 and probably both or either would fit. I wonder about how much room even when stretched would be between my upper toes and the leather of these ballerina style shoes.

PLEASE COMMENT WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE -- if you have tried on  Tieks!

Thank you very much!

-Solar1

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your experience with ***TIEKS***?

Anything expensive usually catches on.  I have not and probably will not try them.

Trusted Contributor

I would rather buy a pair for 20.00 and some foot cushions inside.

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name

I don't have any experience, but I did find you a pretty comprehensive review.

http://decorchick.com/review-on-tieks-ballet-flats/

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name

This review is very detailed as well.

http://divaandthedivine.com/tieks-review/

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 4 pairs of tieks and I love them. IMHO you get what you are paying for with them. My navy pair I have worn almost every single day for 4 years and only now are they starting to get a bit discolored from scratching my toes. (And I've even worn them all day in Disney world and walking around New York City a few times!)

i would definitely get 100 more pairs of only I had the money. I'm actually trying to sell my pair of Tory burch flats (which I paid more for) because I want to get a black pair of tieks instead.

a few caveats - they don't have crazy amounts of support, but for work that's ok with me. I also have one pair of the patent leather ones, and I'm not as much a fan of those. I like the regular leather ones better. The regular leather will stretch out - they recommend going a size lower if you are a half size (or at least they did when I bought mine.) they did rub a little bit until I broke them in and they stretched out. Now they're no problem at all, but again the patent leather ones did not really stretch like the regular leather.

But seriously - I would not hesitate to buy again. I have them in navy, Cardinal, olive, and Tiffany teal patent. They also have a great return policy. I returned a pair of sand patent ones I hadn't worn yet a year and a half after I bought them. No issues.

below are photos of my heaviest worn pair. Not bad at all. And I'm someone who shuffles my feet A LOT. (I also have sweaty feet...so sorry...)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Valued Contributor

I only have 2 pair and intend to buy again. Love these as they go with everything. I have a wide toe area and narrow heel. I wear my regular size and needed to stretch them a bit in black but not in the gold. They have no arch support so if this is critical, Tieks are not for you. I can't wear them out even though I wear them year around several times each week. On a cost per wear basis they are cheaper for me than a $30 pair from DSW. 

Regular Contributor

I bought a pair I am size 7 1/2 medium the website suggests you go half size down but I went for and 8.  Perfect fit nice patent pewter color very comfortable but nothing special.  I bought a while ago when I saw reviews on You Tube.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts and reviews!

-Solar1

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much!