Respected Contributor

Re: What is the highest number of shoes you've had at one time?

Way more than i need and I have donated at least 30 pair recently.  I am more selective about what I buy now that I am retired.  Now, I go for comfort over fashion and will spend more than I used to for the comfort factor.  

Esteemed Contributor

After my first pregnancy my feet grew from a 8.5 M to their present 9.5 W.

That is often a difficult size to find, so for a while I bought them when I found them.

Having wide feet, most of my shoes are sandals. Smallest categories are dress shoes and boots.

I recently added several pairs of shoes to the Donate bag. I also parted with many shoes before moving in 2018. My knees went bad this year, so anything with a heel had to go.

I would guess that I have more shoes than the average woman, but fewer than many. If I do not wear a pair after a year or two they go to donation or trash, whichever applies.

I do not consider myself a big shoe fan. 

Do not ask me about bags, however...

Super Contributor

WOW...No judgement, but im amazed at the numbers

60, 90 360...

I cound not afford 10 pairs....More power to you if it brings you pleasure...

Honored Contributor

Now is probably the time of thie highest number.... it's a lot.

I never counted them.  They fill three of those tall mesh laundry bags - stored in the bottom of the closet, and about a dozen pairs out on the shelf.

Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx    What a great question, t&s!!!  Yes, I must say that I did wear every pair at least once!

I have since retired and am sincerely trying to downsize my clothing, shoes and QVC jewelry collections.  Enjoying success with the shoe and jewelry donations : )

The cleaning out of clothing still needs work ~ Have a great weekend Heart and stay safe!

Contributor

I am horrible with shoes I am 58 and my mother used to call me IMELDA MARCOS ! hahaha  I have about 76 pairs

Honored Contributor

I must have about 125 pair which include snow and rain boots rarely worn. My shoes/boots/sandals are collected over many years. most of expensive and many last forever when wiped off and kept clean and taken care of. I'm also not counting gym sneakers, walking sneakers (10 pair of both) and then I have what I call "dressier" sneakers...silver, black, white leather, canvas high tops, etc. These aren't include in the initial number. 

Years ago I posted a pic of the high wall of shelves in my closet lined with the shoes of that season. Off season shoes are stored in clear bins on the upper shelves.

Note: My walk in closet has about 18' ceilings like the rest of the 1st floor. On the plans, an exercise room was next to the closet area. when we built the house 23 years ago, I added that to my closet (our exercise equipment is on the balcony). So my closet has several "rods" going  up for off season, my dresser is build in and the walls are lined with shelves for shoes, bags, sweaters, tees, etc.  Oh yes, I have a ladder.