Honored Contributor

Re: What is the highest number of shoes you've had at one time?

I never thought to "count them".........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I have less than 10.  2 pair for dress up, 3 pairs of sneakers and 1 pair that went to my uniform which since I retired at the end of the year will be going in the trash, and 1 pair of slippers.

Shoes not my thing at all. Since I don't work any more and rarely go out I can see myself cutting down on what I already have.  

Honored Contributor

I love shoes & shoe shopping. 

I used to buy lots of shoes. I liked having the perfect shoe for every outfit. I had about 90 pairs at one time. I wore them all, but some were only worn once or twice a year and some were uncomfortable. 

I've worked really hard to curb my shoe purchases over the last several years. I only bought 2 pairs last year. I just don't need that many anymore, especially since retiring. I also purged everything that was uncomfortable or had a heel that was just too high. I currently own 29 pairs. Maybe I can cut that in half someday, but right now I’m satisfied with the choices I have in my shoe collection. 

Respected Contributor

A VERY LOT!!!!!

Now working from home for almost a year,  and not going out or entertaining,  I haven't worn the majority of them.  Really need to take inventory and give away some.  I don't think we're running back to the office any time soon,  and when we do,  not 5 days a week.

Honored Contributor

I have at least 100 pairs, probably considerably more and they're all flats as I can't wear anything with a heel over 1".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

360.....Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

The most I've ever had was 23 pair in early 2012. I had knee replacement in January and all those nice work shoes had to go because they were broken in by my bad knee. I wore my new pair of athletic shoes I bought for PT to the office, and started buying new shoes.

I limit myself to 12 pair of shoes since I rarely leave the house. I currently have 7 pair of shoes after tossing my sandals and casual shoes at the end of summer. By spring I will have found new sandals and a pair of casual slip on shoes.

I wear the shoes I have, and do not keep them more than 2 years. My feet changed a lot after my knee replacements.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Not me but when my husbands aunt passed away I donated around 125 pairs of shoes. All barely worn.

I used to call my mother Amelda for Amelda Marcos, the wife of the Filipino dictator who had a vast shoe collection.  If she liked a pair of shoes, she would buy multiple pairs in different colors.  When she died I must have donated as many pairs of shoes as you did for your husband's aunt.

Esteemed Contributor

Probably hundreds.  I used to collect and wear pretty shoes.  Love!  

Now I search for comfortable attractive ones.  Seemingly comfortable ones become uncomfortable when I take them out!  I am currently planning a big purge!

Valued Contributor

@Irish1210 

@Irish1210 wrote:

360.....Smiley Surprised

Did you actually wear them all?  Not  at once, of course!