Respected Contributor

I have to tell you of a neat shoe fund raiser for our Humane Society. The  annually collect shoes and boots in good condition.They sell the ones that they can at their Thrift Shop  and the rest are in bags with 25 pairs. They collect 100  bags and receive $1200 for a special medical fund for the Shelter.. This a two month project so time to sort.The shoes are picked up and sent overseas and used for those in need or recycled and torn apart. 

I donated 3 paper grocery bags. All my high heels, Tom's, Thong sandals, sandals with a small heel were donated. A few Mary Janes  also barely worn. Some Sketchers in red. A few Sketchers ran short so they went.I rubber banded them to save the volunteers doing this. They are dropped off at the Shelter or Thrift Shop. It is a great project. 

Esteemed Contributor

I donated around 67 pairs of shoes.  I just had too many. They went to the local charity and most were worn just once. 

As we were sheltered in, there was time to go through my closets and collect all the shoes and clothing I didn't really need. I donated many many things.  Still I have much more to go through and donate.  . 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I have to tell you of a neat shoe fund raiser for our Humane Society. The  annually collect shoes and boots in good condition.They sell the ones that they can at their Thrift Shop  and the rest are in bags with 25 pairs. They collect 100  bags and receive $1200 for a special medical fund for the Shelter.. This a two month project so time to sort.The shoes are picked up and sent overseas and used for those in need or recycled and torn apart. 

I donated 3 paper grocery bags. All my high heels, Tom's, Thong sandals, sandals with a small heel were donated. A few Mary Janes  also barely worn. Some Sketchers in red. A few Sketchers ran short so they went.I rubber banded them to save the volunteers doing this. They are dropped off at the Shelter or Thrift Shop. It is a great project. 

@Gorgf  What a great fundraiser this is! Anything for the humane society is ok in my book. One of my favorite charities.

Respected Contributor

My youngest dsughter was cleaning out her closet yesterday and I planned to take her donations to Goodwill.  I decided to go through my closet as well.  Between the both of us we almost filled a large trash bag of shoes.  I actually have space in my closet now.

Trusted Contributor

I got rid of many high-heeled shoes. My feet can't take wearing them anymore.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

A pair of Adidas tennis shoes/sneakers.

Esteemed Contributor

I did a ruthless declutter in September and got rid of shoes I cannot forsee being able to wear because I have achilles tendinopathy - Haglund deformity in my left heel and achilles tendon and so any pair of shoes that rubs the back of my heel had to go. Even when I eventually get surgery for this, it's unlikely that shoes that rub the back of my heel can ever be in my wardrobe again. I recently got rid of 23 pair of shoes and 3 pair of boots. I also tossed in the trash 5 pair of shoes that were worn out or not in good enough shape to donate.

Respected Contributor

I have donated dozens of ballet flats that feel too tight.

That still leaves me with dozens that feel great!

Valued Contributor

A pair of tan tassel loafers by G.H.Bass.

Honored Contributor

Shoes, anything resembling a heel.  I invested in some nice flats 🥿 even a blue pair like this!  Except for red, I never did colored 

shoes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras