Honored Contributor

What do you think of Vionics?

What do you think of Vionics? 
Is the Vionic alignment thing uncomfortable for anyone? 

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of Vionics?

I am sure that VIonics are great for some people, but not for me.  To me, I feel like I am walking on a golf ball and the toe box is too narrow and low.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   On my "you must be dreaming" list is a brand of shoes that would fit me comfortably in every style they sell. I have Vionics from both QVC and elsewhere that I like and some Vionics I don't love.   But that's true for every brand I've bought more than once.   Just because it's the same company doesn't mean every shoe is built on the same last.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of pair and like them fine.  I have even considered just buying the foot-bed to put in some of my shoes.  I have one pair of expensive orthotics that were $400 at the time I got them although insurance covrered them at the time.  The doctor actually held my arch up while I put my foot in the foam, so they have a rather high arch.  However, they are getting old and insurance will no longer pay for them and I no longer go to that doctor so I doubt I would get the same thing.  

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I am sure that VIonics are great for some people, but not for me.  To me, I feel like I am walking on a golf ball and the toe box is too narrow and low.

@PhilaLady1   @Mindy D    I feel the same way.  I have flat feet and that high intrusive arch feels like a boulder in my shoe.  It's downright painful.  They aren't consistent, however.  I have one leather loafer I got years ago from Zulily that is very comfortable.

Also, although they started off well, I've found over the years, the Vionic quality has decreased to the point where many could be described as cheaply made and not worth their inflated price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have one pair of sneakers and two pairs of slippers. Love them all. 

Trusted Contributor

I tired Vionic Sandals (multiple pairs) and found the footbed to be very uncomfortable.  My feet hurt after wearing them.  I don't have a low arch but the arch on all of the pairs was too high and the footbed was simply to hard.  Instead I have tried Spenco and Alegria finding both of those comfortable.

Trusted Contributor

Vionic footwear is absolutely amazing.  They changed my life.  They NEVER felt like a ball under my foot as someone here posted.  They did everything promised: aligned my foot, knee and body.  Eliminated my back, hip, knee and planters fasciitis pains.  I changed almost all of my foot ware over to Vionic.  I have about 50 pairs that include, high and ankle boots, shoes, wedges, pumps, sandals and athletic sneakers.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  You can get your orthotics refurbished for a fraction of the price of a new pair.

Super Contributor

Have been very happy with the ones I've had, wore them while working long retail store shifts. I prefer the harder support as opposed to Bzees by naturalizer which have a soft arch. Some Skechers & some Clark's work ok for me. Like the brands Fit Flop & Born too.