Super Contributor

Re: What do you think of JM TS on HSN (Luggage)?

IMO, most of JM's products are junk.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

With all due respect, if it's akin to a piece of luggage I got from her as a prior TS, it's junky... In person, it was limited style, no substance...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Kachina624 said:

I have a set of Joy's luggage, not the set being shown today. Boy that was money down the toilet. I made two airline trips with it and stuck it in the garage awaiting the next visit by the Salvation Army. It was a constant battle trying to get that stuff out of the house, into the car and airport. The largest piece wouldn't even stand up when it was packed. It was awful and the TS probably won't coincide with your next trip so by the time you use it, it will be too late and too expensive to return. If it's anything like her other luggage, it's garbage.

On the other hand, Samatha Brown's luggage is much more attractive and sturdy. Mine has made 5 or 6 trips and looks like new. I like mine so much, all the women in the family have now gotten it. One youngster is getting a set for graduation in June. She just had a TS recently but it's worth the wait or go buy luggage elsewhere.

I am intrigued by SB's luggage but hate the fact her name is on it. I don't want people to think I'm Samantha!!! Haven't tried Joy's stuff. My DH and I travel A LOT and use Travel Pro luggage which was recommended to me by several flight attendants who, I believe, should know. Macy's often has it on sale at half price.

Honored Contributor

There is better luggage available almost anywhere. I've seen some very nice name brand luggage at TJ Maxx.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The Travel Pro luggage is very nice.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Oh gosh, I hope it's not too "junky". I have 2 sets of really nice luggage that I always use when I fly ( which ain't much lately). I thought this looked cute, was something different from what I have that I could use for short trips. I'm just really tired of looking at the ones I have, lol. I guess I'll find out in a few days. I still like keeping what I have around for flying because they are well made and they beat them up so bad. I also have a few Jessica Simpson pieces for weekend trips too. If I needed luggage and didn't have anything else I sure wouldn't pick Joy's. I'll let you guys know how they are
Honored Contributor

I have a DVF set from Marshall's that have been all over this country, had the handles ripped off and repaired and keep on kicking.

They are sueded cloth and clean up nicely but it is time to replace them.

I want the hard sided luggage now. I am over cloth.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Remember when suitcases didn't even have wheels?! And wheels were such a vast improvement? Well, now it's the swivel wheels which are the vast improvement. What took manufacturers so long to think of this? Anyway, I'll never go back to inline wheels. Have gotten some good luggage at....was it Marshalls or TJ Maxx? Cannot remember, but great prices.

What is VIP returns? You have the credit card and don't pay shipping to return?

The HSN luggage might be ok for short car trips or overnights which don't involve the treatment luggage gets in airports. I haven't watched the presentation, but are you actually supposed to check those bags with the long strap handles??

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 happygal said:

Remember when suitcases didn't even have wheels?! And wheels were such a vast improvement? Well, now it's the swivel wheels which are the vast improvement. What took manufacturers so long to think of this? Anyway, I'll never go back to inline wheels. Have gotten some good luggage at....was it Marshalls or TJ Maxx? Cannot remember, but great prices.

What is VIP returns? You have the credit card and don't pay shipping to return?

The HSN luggage might be ok for short car trips or overnights which don't involve the treatment luggage gets in airports.

Yes, you use the HSN card and return shipping is given as a credit in spendable kash at HSN.
Honored Contributor

Some of the Samantha Brown luggage has tempted me, too. And I am not even planning a trip! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}