Trusted Contributor

What do you think of JM TS on HSN (Luggage)?

I like the quilted look and they keep saying it is very light weight. Honestly speaking, I only like the zippered roll on which to me is very stylish and looks roomy for a carry on, but the other two pieces are just okay. Kind of tempted, but wish they were offering just that one piece.

Occasional Contributor

Re: What do you think of JM TS on HSN (Luggage)?

I like it too but when I buy things from joy I usually end of returning because it's not of good quality.
Honored Contributor

I saw a quick shot of it and was interested, but I will wait for reviews to come in. I shall let others take one for the team.

I would rather pay a few dollars more later and keep it than have to pay to return it now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2015 VaBelle35 said:

I saw a quick shot of it and was interested, but I will wait for reviews to come in. I shall let others take one for the team.

I would rather pay a few dollars more later and keep it than have to pay to return it now.

I totally get what you are saying VaBelle35, the only thing is that the HSN regular price is 229.95 compared with the 129.95 TS price. At least at HSN, when they have a special, it really is a discount from the regular price. I wish QVC would catch on to this idea.

Anyway, I am so torn, really love the zippered wheeled upright piece.

Respected Contributor

I stayed up too late last night (tired) watching the presentation and went back and forth on this. I finally decided what the heck and ordered because it qualifies for VIP return. Unless it's just awful I will keep it. I ordered the red and don't do a lot of plane travel right now due to health issues so it should hold up just fine. One lesson I've learned is to order when it's a Today's Special and HSN has hit the mark with the VIP return. No reason not to try it. I think the HSN price will be $100 more. Great value for three pieces. We'll see...
Regular Contributor

I think that the upright is a funny shape...looks like a big sack on wheels. And if you notice both bags have the old fashioned in-line wheels instead of the spinner wheels. I will not buy a bag without spinner wheels for travel; it makes a huge difference. The bags might be light to start with but if you are packing for a couple of weeks and they could weigh 30-50lbs each; you really need the spinner wheels for easy control.

I found it disturbing that they spend so much time comparing the bags to outrageously prices designer pieces that I have never seen. Who cares? The hardly show you the inside of the bags or their functionality. JM presentation are always so overblown and I too have been disappointed with a number of her products so I have learned to look beyond the smoke they blow so well. I was also curious as to what the 10 warrantee actually covered. They did show it but I could not read it that fast.

The value? How often will you actually travel and use all 3 pieces? Inless I am going on an unusual trip, I limit myself to 1 suitcase of 1 carryone. For me, I concluded it was not what I need. But I hope those who get it will enjoy it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was reading the specs online and it doesn't have a denier value, it's just "nylon and man made materials."

The inline wheels are also a no for me. I have those now and when I was traveling for 2 weeks last month I had serious wheel envy.

I love the colors though.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 CHEX said:

I think that the upright is a funny shape...looks like a big sack on wheels. And if you notice both bags have the old fashioned in-line wheels instead of the spinner wheels. I will not buy a bag without spinner wheels for travel; it makes a huge difference. The bags might be light to start with but if you are packing for a couple of weeks and they could weigh 30-50lbs each; you really need the spinner wheels for easy control.

I found it disturbing that they spend so much time comparing the bags to outrageously prices designer pieces that I have never seen. Who cares? The hardly show you the inside of the bags or their functionality. JM presentation are always so overblown and I too have been disappointed with a number of her products so I have learned to look beyond the smoke they blow so well. I was also curious as to what the 10 warrantee actually covered. They did show it but I could not read it that fast.

The value? How often will you actually travel and use all 3 pieces? Inless I am going on an unusual trip, I limit myself to 1 suitcase of 1 carryone. For me, I concluded it was not what I need. But I hope those who get it will enjoy it.

And Shannon (think that's her name, have no idea on the spelling) was driving me insane. The last few times she's been on with Joy she has been crazy over the top. You have to be really off the chain to top Joy! Like I said before, I'm only doing car travel so they should be fine for me. If they're cheapo like that one purse she had, they will go back. I hope they're pretty nice. I also know what to expect for $129, so I'm realistic about that.
Honored Contributor

I don't care for the quilted look myself but I think her luggage may be pretty nice. I have a friend who bought a smaller piece & she really likes it. She uses it a lot.

Honored Contributor

I have a set of Joy's luggage, not the set being shown today. Boy that was money down the toilet. I made two airline trips with it and stuck it in the garage awaiting the next visit by the Salvation Army. It was a constant battle trying to get that stuff out of the house, into the car and airport. The largest piece wouldn't even stand up when it was packed. It was awful and the TS probably won't coincide with your next trip so by the time you use it, it will be too late and too expensive to return. If it's anything like her other luggage, it's garbage.

On the other hand, Samatha Brown's luggage is much more attractive and sturdy. Mine has made 5 or 6 trips and looks like new. I like mine so much, all the women in the family have now gotten it. One youngster is getting a set for graduation in June. She just had a TS recently but it's worth the wait or go buy luggage elsewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment