Frequent Contributor

Re: What bag you are carrying today Sunday?

I have the same bag from ilovedooney
Frequent Contributor

Love you bag
Frequent Contributor

Nice lucky you I like that style but I don't own one
Honored Contributor

On 11/23/2014 allthatsgood said:
On 11/23/2014 stevieb said:
On 11/23/2014 allthatsgood said: My Florentine Chelsea in Natural. Have ordered it in Palamino.Palamino and British Tan are so "iconic Dooney." CS said it would be avaliable in a couple of weeks, so we will see.

Bet this one is a total winner in palomino! Enjoy that one when it arrives and I hope it gets there soon.

Smile

Hey Girl! Dooney is bringing it back in the Florentines. On the website there are just "empty circles" as the colors are not avaliable yet. I have loved both the Palomino and British Tan since they first appeared in the AWL's. Heavens if Peter brought these back in AWL styles I'd be all over them in a heartbeat!

Miz All! The Chelsea in Florentine is already available here and at lots of retail but the colors haven't been extensive, so that is good news... Truthfully though, I think I actually like this one in the original leather configuration... I am so excited for you to be getting palomino! I want something in that color so badly. Got one of the small domes from as-is a while back, but it was too as-is, so had to send it back... Love the color and it's one of two or three currently on my list to own, along with t'moro, and the maybe the new Bordeaux... And speaking of Florentine, I was perusing part of the archives tonight and came upon a smaller satchel in natural that I had a fit to get from Zappos a number of years ago. Well, it came and it was very pretty but on the small side, so I filed it away barely used. Long story short, I unearthed it tonight and noted the leather logo is embossed with "Florentine Vachetta Leather"... Blew me away. This bag predates the current "Florentine" craze, but this was clearly the precursor to the whole Flo line... and the leather is beautiful... Still too small for right now, but after the holidays and I can hopefully revert to a less large bag, I plan to give it a whirl. It was like discovering a Florentine I didn't even know I had...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

REALLY....what bag are you carrying today??????

This is supposed to be a fun thread and if you don't want to participate, than don't. I on the other hand am carrying my croco embossed zip/zip in light gray, thank you very much.

Deb

Super Contributor

On 11/23/2014 allthatsgood said:
On 11/23/2014 allthatsgood said: My Florentine Chelsea in Natural. Have ordered it in Palamino.Palamino and British Tan are so "iconic Dooney." CS said it would be avaliable in a couple of weeks, so we will see.

Bet this one is a total winner in palomino! Enjoy that one when it arrives and I hope it gets there soon.

Smile

Hey Girl! Dooney is bringing it back in the Florentines. On the website there are just "empty circles" as the colors are not avaliable yet. I have loved both the Palomino and British Tan since they first appeared in the AWL's. Heavens if Peter brought these back in AWL styles I'd be all over them in a heartbeat!

Miz All! The Chelsea in Florentine is already available here and at lots of retail but the colors haven't been extensive, so that is good news... Truthfully though, I think I actually like this one in the original leather configuration... I am so excited for you to be getting palomino! I want something in that color so badly. Got one of the small domes from as-is a while back, but it was too as-is, so had to send it back... Love the color and it's one of two or three currently on my list to own, along with t'moro, and the maybe the new Bordeaux... And speaking of Florentine, I was perusing part of the archives tonight and came upon a smaller satchel in natural that I had a fit to get from Zappos a number of years ago. Well, it came and it was very pretty but on the small side, so I filed it away barely used. Long story short, I unearthed it tonight and noted the leather logo is embossed with "Florentine Vachetta Leather"... Blew me away. This bag predates the current "Florentine" craze, but this was clearly the precursor to the whole Flo line... and the leather is beautiful... Still too small for right now, but after the holidays and I can hopefully revert to a less large bag, I plan to give it a whirl. It was like discovering a Florentine I didn't even know I had...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Miss Stevieb, you found a beautiful jewel in your closet. I am familiar with these bags and you can still find some of them at places like London Luggage. The Vachetta is so rich in this line and the styles are classic, "go to, and will always be in style." I am anxious to see how the Palomino will look in the current Florentine styles. If Peter would bring us a full AWL line in "the iconic Dooney colors" I would be in Heaven." In the early 90's Dooney was the world's largest purchaser of All Weather Leather, purchasing over 95%. So excited that you found that jewel in your closet and know that "the classy lady will enjoy using that classic, classy bag!
Honored Contributor

Thanks ATG... Such kind words... Agree on the AWL, but alas, it seems they've essentially replaced it with pebble and Dillen... I think I actually heard Sue say as much some time ago, though less definitively... I too loved the AWL and back when it WAS essentially Dooney they offered some truly fabulous colors... It looked for a bit that they were bringing more of those colors back, as I thought I saw some of them listed for certain bags, but it appears they rethought it, because I never saw them materialize... Instead, I guess, they opted for new lines and silhouettes... Incidentally, after waiting so long, I'm sorely disappointed in their clunky new website...

Honored Contributor

Back to what bag are you carrying... Well, it's Monday and I switched into my GILI 'medium', which predates the Roma II natural ostrich. It's a good bag...

Esteemed Contributor

I am a big Perlina fan: wanted a pop of color on a gloomy Monday. Perlinas usually have the metal tipped zipper pulls. Lightweight but nice leather and are often on sale at Nordies Rack.