Super Contributor

Re: What Shoes Do You Wear For Plantar Fasciitis?

The best shoe for that is Merrell Q-Form which they don't make anymore.  Now I wear Birkenstock mostly.  More important than the shoe is what treatment you get.  I suffered for weeks, got a steroid shot, then the foot doctor threatened to put my foot in a cast.  I mentioned it to my Chiropractor's technician.  His response - I wish you would have mentioned it sooner.  He put my foot in water on a plate with electricity running thru it.  Felt just a little tingle.  3 treatments is all it took.  Never had it again.  3 treatments after weeks of suffering!  Ladies do yourself a favor and find a good Chiropractor.  I also use a foot rocker every once in a while.  It's a gizmo that stretches you foot and calf.  Helps!

Honored Contributor

Shoes with good arch support have helped me immensely when I had planter fascitis twice.  I now wear arch support all the time so it doesn't come back....so far so good!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was recently diagnosed with PF in my left foot.  Some days are better than others, but I have noticed that I need to wear shoes at all times or else I suffer trying to walk.  The one shoe that saved me (well actually it's a flip flop) are the Spencos.  I was struggling to walk to the bathroom when I got out of bed and when I saw them presented on one of the Shoe Shopping with Jane shows, I ordered them.  They help me tremendously in the mornings.  I also just ordered the new Spenco Fall shoe.  I haven't received them yet, but I know they have the same arch support/orthotic as the flilp flop.  I'll probably wear them around the house and casually out.  Now, for work,I stick to Earth brand shoes.  I own several pairs of the bootie types with the peep toes for the Summer.  They have nice cushion and arch support. However, I'm going to have to invest in some ankle boots for the cooler weather.  Both of these brands I highly recommend for PF and can be found on qvc.  HTH.

New Contributor

By the way, I'm also concerned this problem. Enough for a long time.
Probably 3 years already. Do you think it makes sense to сгку with some exercises? Or does surgery help in this case?
I read about how it can be treated even at home. Maybe someone read this fast plantar fasciitis cure book?
What is it about? How long does it take to completely cure plantar fasciitis?

Respected Contributor

Had it once and after getting out of the boot I had to wear for several weeks, my podiatrist told me to try Birkenstocks.  I wear them or my Good Feet arch supports at all times.  The PF has never come back.  Birks  are the best.

Respected Contributor

@Hereoni wrote:

How long does it take to completely cure plantar fasciitis?

@Hereoni,

It took a year for my PF to disappear completely. It has not returned.

Super Contributor

Vionic, can't live without them. I have a closet full now.

I have a high arch, that with the deep heel cup is a God send.

Some Earth.

Some Croc.

Inserts for others.

After a series of six cortisone shots, these shoes and attending yoga at least once a week I can walk without crying. I still have some pain Occasionally, but no injections for almost a year now. proper shoes and the stretching regularly helps tremendously.

Respected Contributor

If she saw a podiatrist to have it identified I would suggest she ask them for soem suggestions. There is trial and error as there is not one shoe that is perfect for everyone. I was told it is important to have good arch support, padding and about an inch or less on the heel. There have been some good recommendations here. I also had good luck with the halflinger, naot, and alegria. The vionics did not work as well for me. The exercises are a big success and  the electromagnitic therapy worked well for me to maintain the healing.

doxie

Contributor

Kuru brand, only online.   Search for kurufootwear.  These have been a true miracle for me. 

One year of worsening pain, and almost had to crawl when getting up in the morning completely resolved after wearing these for a month.  I had been at my wits end after trying inserts, stretching, ice with only transient relief. 

They are made with a deeper heel cup which keeps the pressure of the tender spot on your heel, and has excellent arch support and stabilizes the foot.  

They have ave a lot of styles and and excellent chat feature to help you decide what style is best for your needs. 

Truly exceptional.  I have never been so grateful for a product.  I’m up to 4 pairs. 

Occasional Contributor

Heelthatpain dot com offers a variety of plantar faciatis remedies.   For out of the box relief the regular heel seat will serve all your needs.  They can go from shoe to shoe and are designed to push the fat pads back under your heel where they belong.  HTH