Respected Contributor

Re: What!!! Lisa's G.I.L.I. haircalf hobo just went way UP in price...

A bag that is a shopping channel label for that price is a legend in it's own mind.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/9/2015 jackthebear said:

That is nuts, $600 for what is essentially a house or noname brand?

Seriously! It actually made me laugh.

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 12andcounting said:
On 1/9/2015 jackthebear said:

That is nuts, $600 for what is essentially a house or noname brand?

Seriously! It actually made me laugh.

Smile

That is Coach or TB territory and even then I am not paying full price

Frequent Contributor

I went and took a peek - it's imported (code at QVC for made in China) and for $659.00 you get to pay an additional $13.72 in shipping. It boggles the mind that folks will actually plunk down their hard earned cash for this not so spectacular bag.

Honored Contributor

I agree with cinebee. The concept of haircalf totally grosses me out. Same with pony skin. When you get right down to it, I guess any real "fur" does.

Super Contributor

I'm not knocking the bag, but it was pretty pricey to begin with and some reviews say the calf hair was coming off. So in light of that, and the fact that it didn't sell out by now, you would think it would be reduced in price. Instead they increased it by $82. That is a BIG increase! I think someone was right in there post here that said they are maybe jacking up the price only to add it on clearance later - that way it looks like you are getting a great deal. I don't like these games!! The original price never said "introductory." I'll bet the video showing the original price of $577 disappears soon.

Valued Contributor

I so agree, I would not pay that amount of money on basically a no name brand.My hubby bought me the stagecoach coach bag for Xmas,I was very surprise that he spent that much.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/9/2015 cinebee said:

That is laughable. The bag looks like it came from Kohls.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

If I loved the bag and felt the quality was there, it wouldn't bother me that it was a no name brand. Does anyone want to pay extra, just for a name? We always get posts from people saying they want minimal hardware, and would never carry a bag with signature fabric, etc. Not really my taste, but it looks like a nice bag, and hair calf (which has nothing to do with a calf), is expensive, again, not really my taste.
Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 SUHSE39 said: If I loved the bag and felt the quality was there, it wouldn't bother me that it was a no name brand. Does anyone want to pay extra, just for a name? We always get posts from people saying they want minimal hardware, and would never carry a bag with signature fabric, etc. Not really my taste, but it looks like a nice bag, and hair calf (which has nothing to do with a calf), is expensive, again, not really my taste.

Let me put it this way, (aside from the haircalf thing which I don't like either) I don't think that you are getting value for your money in this particular case. I do agree that it is not always about the label.

Q is not selling too many other bags for this price from what I remember.

I have also seen really nice quality bags that are made in Italy for under $300 at some TJ's for a comparison.