Valued Contributor

Re: Wha do you think the most comfortable shoe brand is for you?

On 9/11/2014 knmt said:

Aerosoles work for me: well-made and very comfortable.

For me, I second this VOTE...AEROSOLES all the way.....I only wear aerosols...and as I'm getting older I'm giving away all the other brands to the salvation army.

Honored Contributor

Cole Haan Air are both stylish and comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 JBinRWC said:
On 9/11/2014 Goldengate8361 said: Without a question, Munro American!

I agree 100%. They have casual to more dressy styles. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. Love my Birkenstock's as well. Best brand overall for me is Van Eli but they don't offer a lot of really casual styles. I wear an 8-1/2 Narrow so I understand how hard it is to find shoes these days when many lines have discontinued narrow widths. I would recommend Maryland Square and Auditions for a wide variety of brands and styles in narrow widths.

JB - I'm an 8.5 Narrow, too! It's very frustrating that so many of the suggested shoes in this thread aren't even made in narrow..... I "feel" your pain. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Easy Spirit Anti-Gravity are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn ... right out of the box ... with or without socks.
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 lolakimono said:
On 9/13/2014 Nightowlz said:Sounds like just what I need. When it comes to shoes I don't mind spending more money as long as they are comfy & made well for the price. Those are cute. Thanks for letting me know they run small. I wear a 38 in Birkenstocks or size 8 in most other shoes. Their size chart shows a 38 is a size 7.5 so not sure if I should order an 8 or 8.5? I will have to see if I can find a pair I want. I would like a plain navy if I can find them. I prefer a slip on clog. Thanks for your help.

Not sure if this is too "industrial" for you, but it's on sale for $69 in a 38.

Alegria Kayla Storm Patent womens slip resistant clogs on sale

This one is $119.95.

Alegria Kayla Blue Valentine

Thanks. I saw those while online searching. I bought a pair of Alegria for $84 & a pair of Hush Puppies for $56 from Footsmart. They sent me a 30% off email. Can't use it on a lot of brands but was able to use it on these 2 I bought. Saved $60. I have had good luck with Hush Puppies in the past as far as being comfortable so I thought I would give them a try. I'm glad they are both leather as I'm not interested in faux leather that's non breathable. I ordered the sunned color in the Alegria last night & changed it to the black snake this morning. LOL!!! Could not make up my mind.

Just received almost $10 rebate from Mr. Rebates. I went to FootSmart through Mr. Rebates but had to go back & click through my email to receive the 30% off so I did not think I would receive the rebate. That made it an even better deal. I just hope both pair fit.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image

Trusted Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Rottie_mama said:
On 9/13/2014 annabellethecat said:

I haven't been watching QVC much lately (I have so much stuff now I can't move). I'm downsizing major. Selling my 3,000 squ ft house and buying 2 smaller ones.

Anyway, finally, my point. I was SHOCKED to see that Clark shoes is selling their shoes for $109.00 and more!

What? I have had several pair of Clark shoes totally fall apart (hardly worn).

I will never forget 2 years ago getting out of my car going into the dentist office. I stepped out of the car door and felt something flap. Any idea of what it was?

Don't guess ..... I'll tell you... It was the sole of the shoe. The stitching had totally separated from the sole of the shoe..... I thought I'd die of embarrassment.

I slid my foot all of the way into the office. Hopped up on the chair and prayed no one noticed.

I swore I'd never buy another pair. I went into my close and checked the other Clark shoes. Sure enough another pair was ready to separate from the sole!

I normally donate clothes to my friend's church. I threw out every pair of Clark shoes.

Anyway, that's my Clark story. That is a stupid price for those things!!

My most comfortable shoes are Birkenstock shoes. I own over 100 pair of them.

You are not alone in that horror story a similar situation happened to my Mom and my sister. I then checked my Clarks clogs and they completely fell apart in the box in my closet. I read online that has happened many times. UGH! I think it is the sole.,

All of my shoes are comfortable. I don't think there is a specific brand. Any shoe that gives me blisters is donated ASAP.

I was cleaning out my closet this summer and took out a nice pair of low leather Clark's clogs that looked like new. I decided to wear them around the house and no sooner did I put them on my feet, the bottom ripped away from the sole. I threw them away. They were in an air conditioned closet.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/11/2014 adelle38 said:

I love the Propet Cafe Walker because it slips on and off easily and is a comfortable walking shoe. It comes in narrow widths.

Have not heard of this brand. Where are they made and by who?

Trusted Contributor

My favorite shoes are the Ryka brand. They are so comfortable especially for walking around. They fit really nice. I also wear a lot of Birkenstocks for the support the footbed has.

Valued Contributor

I have a number of foot problems and for me Naots are the most comfortable shoes and sandals. They are the only brand I wear now.
Esteemed Contributor

Born and B.O.C. shoes and sandals as I have a wide forefoot and narrow heel but I need to try on shoes in person before I buy any brand as fit is an issue.