Honored Contributor

Re: Well, if you blinked your eye...

On 10/26/2014 Cooper7 said:

All of the bags are really beautiful. It would be hard to pick a color. I like the brown snake the best, but I think it is interesting that the hornback croco is what most of the Brahmin bags use. I just got my first Brahmin and it has to be the most beautiful bag I have ever seen. I got a small cross body in tortoise and I have never seen anything like it. I did a lot of research before I decided and did not want one that was too expensive. I also was wondering why she put two zippers in the bag. LR has outdone herself for her last GILI bag. She really does do the best presentations if she would just stop all the silly "moneyed" talk.

The croco really is very Brahmin-esque... I thought it would be when I saw the pictures and when I opened it yesterday that was confirmed. Brahmin, though, doesn't tend to do a lot of larger bags, so this one is a real bonus and priced well below what a Brahmin of this size would be...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/26/2014 Chi-town girl said: Lol-I paused the DVR and watched the few closeups of the grey several times. Agree with you about the black-the buttery texture. But I also like the croco & natural ostrich. P.S. and by the way, Lisa looks stunning!

Hi Chi! I should've DVRed but didn't so I don't even have the option of rolling the tape... Oh well, if it's gone then I guess there's no reason to see it, but I did hope to get a gander of what it looked like... I can vouch for the croco. It IS beautiful... Lisa just said to go on WL for the grey, but they aren't taking WL orders that I saw... Just as well because if I cave again... it's going to be for the black one. I absolutely love it... And yes, Lisa looks very nice.

The black leather they used for this hobo looks more sumptuous & buttery than what was used for Roma2. Looks like this handbag is a hit-every option!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Lol, too funny..... the black one was my least favorite based on the pictures but I did like it on the model....would be a nice neutral when I'm not in the mood for a croco or snake.....BUT, I have plenty of options at home already so can't justify getting 3 of those!!! Two was already more than enough.... can't wait to get my bags. All of them looked lovely!
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 10/26/2014 Chi-town girl said: Lol-I paused the DVR and watched the few closeups of the grey several times. Agree with you about the black-the buttery texture. But I also like the croco & natural ostrich. P.S. and by the way, Lisa looks stunning!

Hi Chi! I should've DVRed but didn't so I don't even have the option of rolling the tape... Oh well, if it's gone then I guess there's no reason to see it, but I did hope to get a gander of what it looked like... I can vouch for the croco. It IS beautiful... Lisa just said to go on WL for the grey, but they aren't taking WL orders that I saw... Just as well because if I cave again... it's going to be for the black one. I absolutely love it... And yes, Lisa looks very nice.

The black leather they used for this hobo looks more sumptuous & buttery than what was used for Roma2. Looks like this handbag is a hit-every option!

It appears to be selling very well... I'm surprised they sold out a color already, even knowing the grey was very popular. The black for the Roma wasn't pebbled was it? I never did get it, but most of the solid Roma leathers were smoother with maybe just a slight texture... At least that's how my espresso and orange are...

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 tough_kitty said: Lol, too funny..... the black one was my least favorite based on the pictures but I did like it on the model....would be a nice neutral when I'm not in the mood for a croco or snake.....BUT, I have plenty of options at home already so can't justify getting 3 of those!!! Two was already more than enough.... can't wait to get my bags. All of them looked lovely!

True, TK, the black was sort of a sleeper. The pictures didn't do it justice, but I was beginning to warm to it anyway and then, when I saw, oh my... Love it!

Valued Contributor

They posted the video so you can get a glimpse of the grey ostrich if you want Smiley Happy I still haven't used my black Roma 2, but I think I'd rather have this one instead!
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Chi-town girl said:

It appears to be selling very well... I'm surprised they sold out a color already, even knowing the grey was very popular. The black for the Roma wasn't pebbled was it? I never did get it, but most of the solid Roma leathers were smoother with maybe just a slight texture... At least that's how my espresso and orange are...

I have the blush & black roma2-smooth leather, not pebbled. That's a nice leather for the black hobo-def softer looking. I'm also surprised that I like the natural ostrich-it has a classic high end looking tone, very versatile for all apparel/seasons.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I thought about this. I think I will let it go.... two bags is enough. Especially that I purchased way more than just two this year....
Valued Contributor

C-girl, what are you going to do??? Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 tough_kitty said: C-girl, what are you going to do??? Smiley Happy
I'm tempted to buy 2 more - it's a very nice handbag, and I like all of the options, but will sleep on it. Will be watching PMStyle. Catch up with you tomorrow?