Honored Contributor

Well, if you blinked your eye...

...you missed the GILI in grey... Ridiculous... After the wait and the big build up, it might've been nice to have at least seen it, for heaven's sake!

But what I did learn was that IF another was in my future, (aside from the chestnut I already have), the black choice is stunning... I had a feeling it might turn out to be, but seeing it presented shows me that it's one great looking black bag! At this point, it's the only other one I might want...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Re: Well, if you blinked your eye...

I have the grey ostrich and the black hobo on the way. I was finally hoping to get a good look at the grey ostrich, but poof it was gone! Guess I'll have to wait to admire it.

Honored Contributor

Lol-I paused the DVR and watched the few closeups of the grey several times. Agree with you about the black-the buttery texture. But I also like the croco & natural ostrich. P.S. and by the way, Lisa looks stunning!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 MsTrixi said:

I have the grey ostrich and the black hobo on the way. I was finally hoping to get a good look at the grey ostrich, but poof it was gone! Guess I'll have to wait to admire it.

Well at least you have that option!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Do enjoy them. I am very, very close to caving on the black... This was NOT supposed to happen...

Esteemed Contributor

Not even a wait list on the gray. Was hoping to get that way.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Do enjoy them. I am very, very close to caving on the black... This was NOT supposed to happen...

The black is showing well. Someone on Facebook received it & said the leather is sumptuous. What's really really nice...no complaints about bad odor or any quality concerns-yay!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Alter Ego said:

Not even a wait list on the gray. Was hoping to get that way.

Stalk the website. Some orders will drop out in 1 hour when their carts expire.

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I was originally only going to get black, but I kind of got carried away by all of the grey ostrich hype. During the brief time I saw all of the bags, I actually liked the black the best! I don't think you can go wrong with the black

Contributor

All of the bags are really beautiful. It would be hard to pick a color. I like the brown snake the best, but I think it is interesting that the hornback croco is what most of the Brahmin bags use. I just got my first Brahmin and it has to be the most beautiful bag I have ever seen. I got a small cross body in tortoise and I have never seen anything like it. I did a lot of research before I decided and did not want one that was too expensive. I also was wondering why she put two zippers in the bag. LR has outdone herself for her last GILI bag. She really does do the best presentations if she would just stop all the silly "moneyed" talk.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Chi-town girl said: Lol-I paused the DVR and watched the few closeups of the grey several times. Agree with you about the black-the buttery texture. But I also like the croco & natural ostrich. P.S. and by the way, Lisa looks stunning!

Hi Chi! I should've DVRed but didn't so I don't even have the option of rolling the tape... Oh well, if it's gone then I guess there's no reason to see it, but I did hope to get a gander of what it looked like... I can vouch for the croco. It IS beautiful... Lisa just said to go on WL for the grey, but they aren't taking WL orders that I saw... Just as well because if I cave again... it's going to be for the black one. I absolutely love it... And yes, Lisa looks very nice.