Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I Bought A Duplicate!!!

Mine would be in tops.  I have four or five that I liked so much I backed them up, just in case I got a horrible stain or whatever.

Respected Contributor

I have but not often. That may change because of my bunion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  I buy a lot of duplicates - and always two pairs of black.  

I'm fussy about styles - when I find something that fits my criteria - I'll buy several colors and always the two in black. 

You just never know when you're going to find another "good" shoe!  Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

Yep, I do it with shoes and occasionally with other items.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Exact duplicates? No, but I have a couple pairs of shoes in two different colors and a third that I want to get in a second color if the price ever goes down again!

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@ECBG 

Exact duplicates? No, but I have a couple pairs of shoes in two different colors and a third that I want to get in a second color if the price ever goes down again!

@willdob3 It is!  A duplicate of my fav black Fly London sandal that has worked the best with my feet.  I love it so much and wear it often.  At least I won't have to reinvent the wheel!  (I haven't been happy with the most recent style changes at Fly London either).

Respected Contributor

Years ago, I had a pair of brownish Ryka shoes that I adored. I ordered an identical pair in navy--but they did not fit me as well. So I donated them.

I still wear the brownish ones from time to time--when I don't think I'll be scrutinzed (they lost their pristine look some time ago). But how great it would have been to have the navy pair as well!

As far as other items go, I've bought the same style of Gildan's women's T-shirts over and over again: in a variety of colors, but also some in plain navy or black. Those shirts are perfect for me!

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I have but not often. That may change because of my bunion. 

@Catiele I just saw your post and also have the type of foot that is prone to bunions.

Do you have a bunion stretcher (Ball and Ring), steel, amazon.  Any pressure on your bunion makes it grow.

I also use shoe stretchers to loosen the leather around the bunion to take away pressure.

FootFitter Cast Iron Ball & Ring Bunion Shoe Stretcher Spot Stretching Device

Respected Contributor

No SCBG but I am going to check it out. I do have shoe stretches.

Thanks for the info.

Trusted Contributor

I do all the time lol.  That is why I have 4 rooms full of clothes, handbags, shoes.  Took one room specifically and made it  entirely of a walk in closet. Hubs says if we ever downsize to a smaller house I will have to get rid of a lot of my things, NO WAY lol!!!