Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I Bought A Duplicate!!!

This was many years ago when Iwas working. I bought a pair of shoes in brown and navy. I worked in the OR and got up really early for work. When I got to the locker room to change, you guessed it, one brown shoe and one navy. Thank goodness we wore different shoes on duty, or it would have been a very long day. 😻😂😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I will buy duplicates of sandals or shoes I like that fit me well. I have 2 pairs of the exact Skecher flip flop sandals and another 2 pair of the exact Skecher D'Lite sandals and the same pair of Rockport short booties with a low heel in brown and in black. For one of the identical dupes of Skecher sandals I have one unworn in the box and one pair I wear all the time.

Respected Contributor

I found a cheap thong sandal at Old Navy I love so much I got three colors. They are faux leather but look and feel like real leather and they won't get hurt in a thunderstorm.

Esteemed Contributor

I did this with a pair of Earth shooties and still wear them. I do this all the time with my favorite slippers. I wear them constantly around the house. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, a big YesSmiley Happy

My Mother had a hard time finding shoes because of having very narrow feet. So she found that the slip-on SAS shoes fit the best.

Now this is when she was older but I had taken her out to eat and looked down to see she was wearing a black shoe and a navy shoe. After we got back to her home, I made sure that the correct color was in the same box.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   Yes, I do buy duplicates in shoes, sometimes the same color, and then additional in another color because I have very narrow feet.  When it fits, you must commit!  So I have Clarks, Van Eli, Enzo Angiolini, and Franco Sarto.

I also do it with some types of clothing, especially blouses, blazers, and jeans.  I have two identical satin jacket dresses by Adrianna Pappell, that can be worn to weddings one in bottle green, and one in navy blue.

I love tuxedo shirts for women and used to have about five of them.  I had a fabulous, inexpensive source for them in the 1990s from a little boutique above a fabric store in Connecticut until the business and building was sold when the owners retired after many decades so that the woman who rented the upstairs space was forced to also close down.  The shirts ran about $5.00 apiece and were first quality.  

So many other fabulous finds in that store.  The woman used to go into Manhattan to the garment district once a week and come back with her name brand clothing finds for women and men.

Trusted Contributor

I buy many dups and I also buy dups for hubby.

I am a larger size shoe, my true size is 11 1/2, which is almost impossible to find so I 99% of the time have to purchase a size 12.

Now QVC has been a blessing for me.  Nowadays many stores sell size 12 where years ago it was very limiting

I have bought several aerosoles flats, boots and sandals.

As far as clothes, I also buy dups in skirts and dresses.

Now hubby is a big and tall.  His shoe size is a 15W which is hard to find.  If I find a shoe that "fits" him well, is comfortable and he likes it (which is another story) then I will buy the black, brown, navy...all the colors....but at a minimum 2 blacks.

Online shoping has been such a blessing.  In the past, we would go from mall to mall, then he and I would often be disappointed and come home with things we "settled" for and not what we wanted.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Another duplicate buyer here!

I have bought multiple pairs of the same shoes in the same color and different colors. I also buy duplicates of shorts, pants, jeans, cardigans, and t-shirts.  I have 2 identical CK sheath dresses in 2 different solid colors. I have 2 identical AK wrap dresses in 2 different solid colors. The only thing I wouldn’t want to duplicate is a memorable print in 2 different colors. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not only do I buy duplicates - I buy 3 and 4 pairs of each - different colors.

Last year I purchased 7 pairs of Ryka sneakers. The last few months, I purchased several different styles of Clarks leather clogs and loafers - I purchased 3 pairs of each. 

I do need an intervention - but I love all my shoes!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

OH YES!

When I worked, I would buy duplicates all the time. Mostly shoes and then outfits for work. If I really liked a pair of shoes I would buy them in every color and then would also buy the same exact shoe.

And sometimes if I would really like an outfit.  I would order it in every color or sometimes the same exact outfit. If I bought the same exact outfit, I would wear one to work. The other one I would wear to special events or vacation. So one would be in great shape and the one I wore to work could get the "wear and tear".

And recently I purged some of all these duplicates. 

PS - I forgot. When I worked for Disney, our shoes for our costumes had to be plain white. I had trouble finding a plain white sneaker. When I finally found a pair a reebok sneakers that were plain, I bought 3 pairs. And then Disney changed the costume a short time later. I still have 2 never worn plain white sneakers, never taken out of the box.

I've bought tons of clothes/shoes --- and wear everything immediately after receiving. Nothing - ever - stays in a box.