Honored Contributor

Well, I Bought A Duplicate!!!

An exact duplicate!  I LOVE my black work sandal SO much, I came across another one in my size and since they're getting scarse, I grabbed it!  I'm in retail now after teaching, and if I get to work where I hope to move to, that will put me on wooden floors!

It fits me perfectly and goe

Do You buy exact duplicates (OTHER than underwear?).Smiley Happy

FLY London Women's YASA750FLY Wedge Sandal, Concrete Mousse, 39 M EU (8-8.5 US)

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I Bought A Duplicate!!!

@ECBGI have.  Bought my first Mephisto black nubuck sandal in spring of 1999 and I still wear it although now I've consigned it to rainy days.  I bought that same black nubuck sandal again about 4 years ago and between those 2 purchases I bought the same sandal in 2 different shades of brown leather!     I'd buy it again if Mephisto still offered it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, for my wallet I do. I just bought 2 pair of Miz Mooz boots not the same color, in the teal and black. I have never had a boot that feels so good on and looks great with a dress, jeans or trousers. the leather in these boots is like butter. My only saving grace is that I got them on clearance.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  ... yes !!!  i have a little placque in my bedroom with that saying " if the shoe fits, buy it in every color" and that is me to a T.   i purchased a naturalizer shoe for years over and over till it was discontinued.  i also have several styles of skechers in duplicate as well as three styles of clark's in several colors.  what can i say. 

love your shoes, btw and good luck on snagging that work move. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes,all the time. I buy duplicates of footwear, jeans,pants, & tops. I’m very picky.When I find something I really like I stock up!!

Honored Contributor

I have 3 pair of my favorite Born sandals, tan, blue and orange.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG I buy duplicates in pants if I get a good fit.  I buy duplicates in tops, dresses, shoes, handbags, in different colors. Jewelry with different gemstones.  Identical bangle bracelets to stack. I have also bought an identical favorite top in the same color if I got a stain on it I can’t remove.  I’m terrible with laundering.  I have bought duplicates in some shoes in the same color if I wear them out and I loved them.  I’m guessing that is what you are getting ready for.  Comfortable rubber soles are not fixable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OH YES!

When I worked, I would buy duplicates all the time. Mostly shoes and then outfits for work. If I really liked a pair of shoes I would buy them in every color and then would also buy the same exact shoe.

And sometimes if I would really like an outfit.  I would order it in every color or sometimes the same exact outfit. If I bought the same exact outfit, I would wear one to work. The other one I would wear to special events or vacation. So one would be in great shape and the one I wore to work could get the "wear and tear".

And recently I purged some of all these duplicates. 

PS - I forgot. When I worked for Disney, our shoes for our costumes had to be plain white. I had trouble finding a plain white sneaker. When I finally found a pair a reebok sneakers that were plain, I bought 3 pairs. And then Disney changed the costume a short time later. I still have 2 never worn plain white sneakers, never taken out of the box.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have at least 10 pairs of the Clarks flip flops, I have several different colors, and I buy at least one new pair every year

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Indeed I do.  Shoes and boots are a hard fit for me so when  find the perfect pair, I sometimes buy a second pair and put them up on the shelf  "for later".