Valued Contributor

I wish i could bring myself to wear them in public. My feet look like Fred Flintstones.  My feet are so sensitive and ticklish that pedicures are extremely horrible. I have no feeling in one of my soles and a few of my toes on one foot, due to shattering my ankle, which now is made up of metal plates.

I saw some Ryka sandles that were pretty cute. I wish i could wear them without thinking people stare at my ugly feet.....

Valued Contributor

My MIL has the worst feet. She has a huge bunion on the side of her foot and almost all of her toes overlap the one next to it. She wears sandals all the time. She doesn’t care if anybody looks, she is going to be comfortable. 

Maybe try for an hour or two every day to get your confidence. And to be honest, I bet nobody even notices or looks. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Trusted Contributor

@so so

You would be surprised how many people don't look at other people's feet.  And even if they do, who cares?  Just wear what you love and to h.e.L.L what others think!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've had four foot surgeries that have allowed me to walk with virtually no pain. But my feet are not pretty at all. Guess what? I wear whatever I want to wear. And yes, I agree that if someone even bothers to look at my feet and then mentally judge me for them, that's on  them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@so so  Girl, life is too short for you to shortchange yourself!  I have large ears that stick straight out like open car doors.  I used to be so self conscious of them that I always tried to hide them under my hair.  At some point, I just said the heck with that!  I now wear my long blonde hair up in a high pony tail at the gym, and pulled into a high bun when I jog.  You know what?  I've never once noticed anyone staring at them or making a comment.  It was all in my head, so to speak.

My feet have bunions and are flat as pancakes.  I just make sure I keep my toenails looking trimmed and I paint them a nice color.  You'd be surprised how much better your feet look with polish on your toes!  You can do it yourself......no one is going to get close enough to your feet to check out your pedicure!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Just give yourself a nice foot soak and clean up. Then have the pedicurist just do your toes and not bother the rest of your foot. Apply a good foot cream to keep them looking nice. Wear the sandals you really like and just make sure they are a good fit. No one is going to pay attention to your feet if your sandals fit well and your toes are polished. Life is short enjoy wearing what you want and don't worry about it.

Valued Contributor

@so so

#1 Did you ever see a ballerina's feet?  I make my case.

#2 There are sandals that Clark's and other companies offer that cover your feet, yet support them comfortably.  I bought the Clark's Tuvia Melon, in 3 different colors because they were so comfy..

#3 I cannot wear peep toe ever since a large chunk of marble came down on my foot, toe  exposed.  Sending a pic of my sandals. 

#4 If you find a comfortable pair, get more than one because the styles change and they never fit the same way again.

a2a5aedbea5b59c1f3a473e113031605.jpg

Honored Contributor

@so so.  You need to look for what are called "fisherman's" sandals.  They give a lot of coverage including the toes.  My favorite is one by Minnetonka, but I'm not sure if they still make them.

20180420_120942.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Because you are self-conscious about your feet, if you decide to go open toe sandals, just paint your nails a nude color.  Bright colors tend to draw the eye.  Just trying to help.  It works for me personally because I don"t want to draw attention to my feet.  I also like neutral color sandals.  

Honored Contributor

I was born with a club foot and have had numerous surgeries on my feet & ankles over my 69 years.I have never been able to wear high heels at all because of the metal in my left foot.I also have bunions now so between the scars the metal in my feet sticking out in odd places and all I always wear closed toe sandals.They aren't hard to find.Check out your local shoe store.And they don't have to be ugly fishermans sandals either. For example - A289330 from earth orgins.