Honored Contributor

I don't care for ballet flats, but if I were to buy a pair they would be a brand that provided support and comfort.

Valued Contributor

@PeachesMcPhee--

Sometimes I have a problem with peds--I tried the No Nonsense brand. They have a cotton blend that seems to work for me.  Lotte

Super Contributor

@kougrawrote:

Love my ballet flats. If you don’t know Tieks, I recommend them.  I never wear peds or other annoying foot covers.  Tieks are expensive, but worth the price, and mold beautifully to your feet.  If you’re a half size, order up. If wearing for the first time, you may want to use a product like Blister Block until the shoes conform to your feet.  Most comfortable flats ever!  Even wear them when I travel. 

Tieks are the only closed-toe shoes I will wear without some type of hoisery. However, I will not wear them for more than a couple of hours at a time because they don't have any arch support. They would be great if I wasn't actually ON my feet so much, but as a preschool teacher and mom, I rarely sit! 

Respected Contributor

@Texasmousewrote:

@chiclet

I feel your pain. I'm the same way. Those things don't stay on my feet either. I'm wearing ballet flats right now in bare feet but I'd much rather have a layer of material between the shoes and my skin.  It just feels better to me.

I tried to locate what I ordered from Amazon so I could share. But they are shoe liners. very thin paper-ish insoles that stick to the inside of the shoe. They are not thick at all so they do not make the shoe feel tighter. You could not stick them on and move from shoe to shoe. 

My feet sweat too. I've tried powders, sock with the no skip rims and even spray deodorants. If I don't prepare I will get blisters to go along with my bunions and corns!!

Valued Contributor

@PreKteacher@kougra@lulu1 What color Tieks did you get?

Spoiler

Valued Contributor

WHAT?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wearing Ballet Flats

[ Edited ]

@pprmntstx  It's easy to do this because the "spoiler" icon looks like a smiley...you probably accidentally clicked it...you can edit and go into the HTML and cut it out if you want to.......

Valued Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillowThank you!Heart Lotte

Respected Contributor

@pprmntstxwrote:

What color Tieks did you get?

Spoiler

I have cream (they look more beige IRL) classics.

Valued Contributor

@lulu1A very nice neutral--pretty and practical.

Heart Lotte