Honored Contributor

I see everyone wearing flats and heels with no hose at all. At least it doesn't look like it.  I'm thinking --- don't their feet get sweaty and stick to the shoe?  

I remember when I wore heels occasionally with slacks in the summer, my feet would feel awful without some type of hosiery, whether it be a little footie or something.

Plus, my feet would be sticking to the sock of the shoe and seemed to make the shoe wear out faster.  Then, there is the rubbing and/or blister factor. 

I don't know -- maybe it was just me!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have tried to find a sock/peds that would not fall down in the heel and make the shoes hurt worse.  I have bought the ones with silicone in the heel and that does nothing for me. 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet

I feel your pain. I'm the same way. Those things don't stay on my feet either. I'm wearing ballet flats right now in bare feet but I'd much rather have a layer of material between the shoes and my skin.  It just feels better to me.

Respected Contributor

No @AngelPuppy1, you're not alone.

Occasional Contributor

Love my ballet flats. If you don’t know Tieks, I recommend them.  I never wear peds or other annoying foot covers.  Tieks are expensive, but worth the price, and mold beautifully to your feet.  If you’re a half size, order up. If wearing for the first time, you may want to use a product like Blister Block until the shoes conform to your feet.  Most comfortable flats ever!  Even wear them when I travel. 

Valued Contributor

@kougra  Thanks--I'll check them out!  Lotte

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all for posting your helpful comments.  Heart Lotte

Valued Contributor

@kougra  I'm trying to decide which color of Tieks to get.  So many choices...YIKES! Heart Lotte

Respected Contributor

I'd forgotten about TIEKS.  They were recommended by a physical therapist. (I later learned our DIL wears them; they are a status thing in her community) I do agree they are extremely comfortable; the leather is like buttah.  Unlike many ballet flats, there is padding in the back, not just the typical elastic.

I had two issues. 

Sizing was troublesome for me.  I am usually a 6.5.  It was suggested half sizes order down.  I thought the 6 was a bit short but kept it, hoping it would stretch.  It was fine on my smaller foot but never absolutely comfortable on my larger foot.  I purchased another pair in size 7 and they were too big so returned them.

My other issue was their signature turquoise sole and stripe.  I bought the neutral bone classic, hoping to wear it with most anything.  I'm fussy and think the color sometimes detracts. I am way past displaying designer logos and symbols.  We have an almost teenage granddaughter.  She and her friends are into anything designer and often times "borrow" things from their mothers' closets.  She and her friends love TIEKS. (I think they are a bit pricey for 7th grade but, hey) She would have gladly taken over ownership of my TIEKS but her feet are 2 sizes bigger than mine.

Valued Contributor

@lulu1 Thank you, Lulu! 

I have lots of black shoes.  For the price of Tieks, I thought it would be nice to try a pop of color--there really aren't any other brands to give so many color choices. I was thinking of lilac or lavender, but I'm wondering if the turquoise stripe would clash or look tacky.  I, too, am beyond having to wear designer logos or to "be cool".