Honored Contributor

WHY do they keep making all shoes with white soles?

It goes on, season after season.  I keep expecting some of these shoe companies to come to their senses and offer some options.  I found myself in a group of six people the other day.  I casually scanned the footwear and all six people had on shoes with those dirty white soles. As for me I had on a pair of Keens from last fall with dark soles.  Not exactly what I want for spring.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHY do they keep making all shoes with white soles?

I do not buy shoes with white soles..unless it is a white shoe.

I have been saving money. I am not even tempted to buy them.

Honored Contributor

Big, thick black rubber soles are ugly, especially for summer. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Why? Because it costs them less to order mostly white rubber soles. The more colors in soles made the more they cost. They have to stop production to change out the color. I used to work in manufacturing. 

They usually put black soles on black sneakers and shoes. So what do I wind up wearing? Mostly black shoes and sneakers.

When they customize colors and use more colored soles  it costs them more to manufacture. 

Honored Contributor

The soles are made of a type of rubber which when manufactured is white. Then the white material needs to be dyed which costs more money. Shoe manufacturers are cutting costs by not having to pay more for custom dye jobs. The white soles are also lighter in weight and that saves on shipping costs.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking a recent TSV sandal has coordinating colors.  I don't think they do strictly whitel

Esteemed Contributor

It may be a simple incentive to buy even more shoes.  The white soles look appropriate in warmer weather,  but people might not like that look in the colder months in many parts of the country.

Esteemed Contributor

White looks great with the lighter colors for Spring and Summer.  I can't imagine any other color sole on my light pink skechers.  Black is to heavy for summer.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but for ME, shoes with white soles seem to be a one year and done.  The soles get dirty and are difficult to clean.  Therefore, more shoes to get next year...Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

I remember this subject before.  I agree.  I am always cleaning my white soles and wish I could find darker colors to match my darker sneakers.  I like black soles with black, brown or navy uppers.  Hard to find anymore.  As another poster said, she is saving money.  I look at sneakers all the time and if I want dark and the soles are white, I pass.  Eventually I will have to give in.