Honored Contributor

WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

I'm noticing a lot white soles on sporty flats again this year. I have a few pair from last year that get dingy looking after not too long.

Mr. Clean makes a "Magic Eraser" that takes marks off walls, etc., but is great for cleaning the white sides of these shoes. 

Respected Contributor

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

@Shanus wrote:

I'm noticing a lot white soles on sporty flats again this year. I have a few pair from last year that get dingy looking after not too long.

Mr. Clean makes a "Magic Eraser" that takes marks off walls, etc., but is great for cleaning the white sides of these shoes. 

I have a couple pairs of white soled flats and tired of cleaning them.  Bottom line, if I see another pair of white soled shoes, they will stay on the store's shelf.

Honored Contributor

I spray my shoes, especially the canvas ones, including the sides of the soles with Scotchgard. That helps repel dirt. I learned about using it when I had to wear white shoes at my job.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I spray my shoes, especially the canvas ones, including the sides of the soles with Scotchgard. That helps repel dirt. I learned about using it when I had to wear white shoes at my job.

@SilleeMee   I always spray suede, but never thought about spraying canvas...Hmmmm. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

At some point I realized I don't like white shoes. I do look to see if the soles are white also. I just don't find white on a shoe attractive except maybe tennies. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Scotchgard can be used on almost anything, including smooth leather and suede. But suede protectants cannot be used on anything but suede and nubuck.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    3M makes two different sprays, one for suede and one for fabrics.  I always spray my canvas shoes as soon as I get them, before wearing.  I get my supply on Amazon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  Agree.  And I don't like that look anyway.  

Honored Contributor

If I can’t clean the white soles with a bit of soap and water, I go over the edges with some whit shoe polish.

White soles get really dirty walking around on city streets.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walkingal wrote:

@Sunshine Kate  Agree.  And I don't like that look anyway.  

@walkingal   I don't mind the white soles, but I purchased 2 pr. in a slip on style last year and was hoping to see  something "new" this year.