Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,063
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

I'm noticing a lot white soles on sporty flats again this year. I have a few pair from last year that get dingy looking after not too long.

 

Mr. Clean makes a "Magic Eraser" that takes marks off walls, etc., but is great for cleaning the white sides of these shoes. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,732
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN


@Shanus wrote:

I'm noticing a lot white soles on sporty flats again this year. I have a few pair from last year that get dingy looking after not too long.

 

Mr. Clean makes a "Magic Eraser" that takes marks off walls, etc., but is great for cleaning the white sides of these shoes. 


 

I have a couple pairs of white soled flats and tired of cleaning them.  Bottom line, if I see another pair of white soled shoes, they will stay on the store's shelf.

 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,728
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

I spray my shoes, especially the canvas ones, including the sides of the soles with Scotchgard. That helps repel dirt. I learned about using it when I had to wear white shoes at my job.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,063
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN


@SilleeMee wrote:

I spray my shoes, especially the canvas ones, including the sides of the soles with Scotchgard. That helps repel dirt. I learned about using it when I had to wear white shoes at my job.


@SilleeMee   I always spray suede, but never thought about spraying canvas...Hmmmm. Thanks.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,114
Registered: ‎08-21-2014

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

At some point I realized I don't like white shoes. I do look to see if the soles are white also. I just don't find white on a shoe attractive except maybe tennies. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,728
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

@Shanus 

Scotchgard can be used on almost anything, including smooth leather and suede. But suede protectants cannot be used on anything but suede and nubuck.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 51,081
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

@Shanus    3M makes two different sprays, one for suede and one for fabrics.  I always spray my canvas shoes as soon as I get them, before wearing.  I get my supply on Amazon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,591
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

@Sunshine Kate  Agree.  And I don't like that look anyway.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,597
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

If I can’t clean the white soles with a bit of soap and water, I go over the edges with some whit shoe polish.

White soles get really dirty walking around on city streets.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,063
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: WHITE SOLES ON CLOSED SHOES AGAIN

[ Edited ]

@Walkingal wrote:

@Sunshine Kate  Agree.  And I don't like that look anyway.  


 

@Walkingal   I don't mind the white soles, but I purchased 2 pr. in a slip on style last year and was hoping to see  something "new" this year.