Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SHOE PRICE LIMIT?

It depends how badly I want/need the shoes.

There was a time I could wear inexpensive shoes.  Now they must be comfortable, have good support and look good.

Honored Contributor

I've paid almost 130.00 each for three pairs of Keen shoes years ago, because I knew I would have them forever.  Normally I try to stick to the 50.00 to 70.00 range.

Respected Contributor

I'd spend $200.00 - $300.00 for a really good pair of shoes that have classic style and would last a long time.  

Esteemed Contributor

Depends-I am an old lady and I don't wear heels. Most of my shoes are Skechers from here. I did not know their fit before I ordered and have many and find they are comfortable for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My price limit is $150.   I am past the pretty shoe stage of life; I need comfort and stability, and don’t put my new knees in cheaply made shoes.   My feet have changed a lot since my knee surgeries, and I must have good solid shoes.

I have gone from Clarks and Birkenstock’s to Alegria, Brooks, Rockport, and David Tate.   Vionic, Spenco, and Skechers do not work for me.  I replace athletic shoes and what I wear daily every 9 months - yearly, and other shoes every 18-24 months.   The oldest shoes I currently own are 5 year old snow boots that haven’t been worn 3x.   

Honored Contributor

Most of my shoes are between $50 - $70. I have spent as much as $125 on shoes and $175 on boots, but that has only happened a few times in my life.

My Dillard’s has a great shoe department, but their prices are a bit high. Most of my shoes are from Off Broadway, DSW, Stein Mart, Rack Room, & Macy’s.  I have found some great shoe bargains at Marshall’s! 

Honored Contributor

I have an easy foot to fit so I do not pay very much. Some children's shoes fit me very well. So how much would I pay-maybe $20-25.00 for a shoe I really liked.

Honored Contributor

If the shoes or boots are comfortable and cool enough looking, I will pay up to 300 dollars.

Honored Contributor

Around $100.00 unless I can try them on.

If they don’t look orthopedic, fit well, and I like them will go higher.

Love Mephisto also - up thread. 

If I find a pair That meet the above I buy in multiple colors.

Recently a pair of Naturalizer flats from Q met standards, bought 5 pair.

Not all from here.

~ blush

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I will spend up to $100 for shoes.  I rarely buy them....I never wear them out except maybe a walking sport shoe.   Even that rarely wears out.