Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SHOE PRICE LIMIT?

@Foxxee I see we inhabit the same shoe world.  I am a 4A toe and 5A heel 7.5 shoe size.  Naturalizer, Clarks, Van Eli,  Franco Sarto and Enzo Angiolini are some of the brands I have worn and own.

For winter boots I have had some luck with the La Canadienne brand.   I have one pair that I've hung on to for years because they are so comfortable (flat sole) and are still stylish, even though they look somewhat worn around the fake fur ankle collar, so I slip new collars over the old ones in the same fake black fur.

I sometimes can wear a medium width if the manufacturer tends to run more toward "narrow" in a medium width.

French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese are the counties of origin that have lasts that run truer to a narrow width.

I once found a pair of Italian sneakers that were canvas (think the brand was Lotto) that I bought in a sports shoe store that I wore for twenty years until they wore out.  They were the only pair of sneaks I ever owned that were a TRUE narrow width.  They even came with a shoe tote bag and I think I paid $20.00 on sale.  

My upper price limit is around $200.00 but that is if I know the shoes fit, are very well made, and will hold up well.  Of course, I love to find good sales on styles that suit me.

I'm a real believer that if your feet hurt the rest of you will hurt as well!

QVC Customer Care

@grandma petes wrote:

For me, it all depends on style, wearability, and quality. My mom was a nurse for 40 years and she taught me never to skimp on shoes you wear for work, especially if your job has you on your feet for long hours. If it’s a shoe/boot that I know I will wear a lot, then I usually pay more for quality and durability. For special occasion or wearing on rare occasions, I might look for something a little lower in price. Then there are a few in my closet that we’re love at first sight and they cost a little more, but they are so worth it.

@grandma petes   I was waiting to see a dollar amount.  What's your shoe price limit? 

Melvin, Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like to spend a lot of money on shoes, but occasionally I'll splurge ... and for me around $100 or so is the highest I've ever gone - and those times it was something special (one pair was Spring Step yellow, brown and blue stripe tie shoes - I found a picture! at Shoes.com). 

Spring Step Chopin

Other times - it was for tall boots.

I generally only buy shoes on sale at LandsEnd, JCP or Aerosoles, and occasionally Amazon and Zappos.  This winter I got some real bargains at JCP.  Aerosoles doesn't have such great sales - but they do sell styles I like.  LandsEnd is a great place for sneakers.  I have lots of colors.  

Other than some White Mountain bootees I bought at QVC.  The stuff they are selling now doesn't interest me at all.

I don't wear flip-flops, clogs or anything with an open toe or a bubble toe, no gladiator style, thick heels/soles, wedges, platforms, moccasins, no heels higher than 1.5", no ballet flats and no orthopedic or wellness shoes, or anything designed by a yoga instructor.

Valued Contributor

I'll pay up to $130 if they're shoes that I'll wear A LOT. I've paid that much only for a couple pair of shoes. All-weather hiking/walking boots I live in from October to May. And my Birkenstocks. 

Otherwise my buying comfort level is around $50-$60. And I don't buy a lot of shoes these days, only 1-2 pair a year if that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

$125.00 before the tax.  The shoe does not have to be dressy since I wear more sandals and causal styles anyway.  Comfort and eye appeal.   30 years ago I was having a hard time justifying spending $100.00 at Dillard's for some Cole Haan moccasins.  The store employee asked why not spend more on what I wear everyday then on what sits in my closet for weeks to months at a time?  Good point!!!!!  I still own and wear those Cole H. shoes!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@Melvin-QVC For a comfort shoe, I guess it would be $150ish. For a special occasion shoe, maybe $100ish. 

Honored Contributor

I just buy the "comfort" types of shoes and for over 3 years I've bought over 100 pairs of name-brand shoes on Zulily.  It's been fun discovering some great new brands I never before owned.  I rarely pay over $50., because they're heavily discounted.  I might pay up to $100., elsewhere for a shoe I couldnt live without.  I can usually find a shoe online with a promotional code and free shipping.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Typically my limit is $50. I wear a 13 wide so I know I'm going to pay more for shoes unless I buy them at Walmart or Payless, which will soon be no more. When I need shoes that aren't disposable flip-fliops, I buy from Torrid and Avenue and they typically have sales on their shoes so I've ended up spending anywhere from $20-$30 per pair.

Respected Contributor

Now that Payless is closing, I am going to have to up my limit significantly, I think.   I'd typically pay less than $25 for a pair of shoe - with low prices and frequent coupons.  I'm in for a rough adjustment, I think.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I buy leather shoes that breathe and will give some with my bunion.  I buy what I like having been in design.  If I pay a higher price, the shoe must last longer than one season.