Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SHOE PRICE LIMIT?

Oh, I don't know.  I can't afford Jimmy Choos or Manolos, but when I was an active runner (1999-2009) I didn't mind spending $100+ for running shoes, which I replaced every 500 miles (for me about every 3-4 months).  That isn't much $$ today, but was a lot in my early running days.  

I can't run anymore, so my most expensive shoes are a pair of Uggs boots that were about $200, IIRC.  I've had them a few years and they are the ones I wear in bitter cold weather (as long as it isn' too wet out). Nowadays, I tend to stay under $100 for shoes becasue most of them are puchased online.  I'd need to be able to try something one to spend more.  Not that I wouldn't, but I don't do that much these days.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I'm watching the Taryn Rose shoe presentation (can't sleep, playing candy crush) very expensive shoes IMO. $110 for a pair of thong sandals ?  I don't think I have ever paid more than 80 for a pair of shoes and that was for a fancy affair.  To each their own, not knocking the brand, beautiful shoes, just not my price range. What's your price limit ?

I have a narrow foot.  I discovered Fly London and I just purchased a pair, the YUNA and they are very comfortable.  They run narrow and they fit perfect.  I just got them and I have worn them to work twice this week.  I love them.  They were $119.00 and for me worth it.  Still looking for comfortable heels.  Don't know if there is such a thing lol.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't know if I've every really specified a certain dollar amount, but I can say I will spend more on a pair of casual/every-day/comfort type shoe than a dress shoe that I would only wear once or twice a year,

Frequent Contributor

I don’t feel guilty until it gets over $100. Between Marshall’s and Nordstrom rack, I just don’t see a reason to spend more than that, even for boots.
Contributor

I have no limit if I like the shoes enough. Life is too short to wear ugly shoes. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've worn cheap shoes most of my life, but then I started looking at shoes differently after 1) injuring my knee and 2) working in healthcare.

After my knee betrayed me, I purchased Birkenstocks from QVC (had avoided them like the plague during college in the '70s) and then I discovered Alegria.

But I still have never paid full price for a pair of Alegrias and I try to stay in the $59-69 range.

But then, a couple years ago, my hiking boot landed me in the ER.  Lost my front tooth and broke my hand.  Better-half lifted my spirits with a pair of Italian boots and I wear them everywhere but work.

Zamberlan

These are regularly $345, but he managed to find a sale. Woman LOL

I would consider another pair if these ever wear out.

ETA:

YIKES!  I just asked BH what he paid and it was $330 -- more than I'd thought. Woman Surprised

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~