QVC Customer Care

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SHOE PRICE LIMIT?

@grandma petes wrote:

@Melvin-QVC For a comfort shoe, I guess it would be $150ish. For a special occasion shoe, maybe $100ish. 

@grandma petes  I will share a little secret with you, but you can't tell anyone.  I have over 100 pair of shoes and have never spent over $100 for any of them.  I love shoes, love a good shoes sale, but I try to stay within my price range.  I just can't bring myself to go over $100 yet.  

Honored Contributor

I'll spend up to $100 for a nice pair of leather booties, and $150 for tall leather boots. For ballet flats $75, same for sandals, sneakers, and dressy shoes. These are all "sale" prices, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

$150 shoes

$200 boots

My feet need to be happy, but other clothing I spend considerably less. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

$150 shoes

$200 boots

My feet need to be happy, but other clothing I spend considerably less. 

Very similar for me.  I think I’ve spent up to $250 for knee length all-leather boots.  I don’t care for the tall boots that have the stretchy side panels.  

My running shoes now cost $140....but they are worth it.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I'm watching the Taryn Rose shoe presentation (can't sleep, playing candy crush) very expensive shoes IMO. $110 for a pair of thong sandals ?  I don't think I have ever paid more than 80 for a pair of shoes and that was for a fancy affair.  To each their own, not knocking the brand, beautiful shoes, just not my price range. What's your price limit ?

@Goodie2shoes 

I don’t have a limit. I don’t need one. I decide based on need and type of shoe. I’ll spend more for a good hiking boot (for function, not fashion) than I will for a pair of sandals but a hiking boot is likely to be the only one of its kind I own. The less I need it the less I’ll be willing to spend. 

I’ve spent over $100 dollars a couple times (one was for hiking boots that were on sale, neither were for fashion fun) but I usually spend in the $40-$70 range. Sometimes less, very rarely more. I’m also a hardcore clearance shopper and get a lot of amazing deals.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back in 1981 it was $150 and that was considered high.  Bruno Magli (SP?) high heels for my wedding.  They were the most beautiful shoes.  My dress was blush and the shoes were light blush with a lavender heel and a lavender scroll/tiny flower on the side of the shoe in the rear.  I bought them at Neiman Marcus and my dress was from I. Magnin.  Today it is different because I am retired.  I have spent $100 which is not much.  I would have to say I would look for sales to buy the $300 for $125.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe $100 but I shop in person for shoes so I think I could be flexible.

Honored Contributor

I suppose I cannot see myself ever paying more that $300 for a pair of shoes regardless of how well made r comfortable or wonderful those shes are.  Not to say that I ever paid that much for shoes.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I buy leather shoes that breathe and will give some with my bunion.  I buy what I like having been in design.  If I pay a higher price, the shoe must last longer than one season.

I'm with you @ECBG ; I buy nothing but leather shoes except for an occasional sandal.  Pleather shoes don't breathe and are too hot.  My shoes last forever because I wear a different pair every day and they are leather.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I bought a couple pairs Alegria sandles that I spent more  on --they are so comfy and so pretty---but I did research first and got the best price. Also free shipping too. But---usually I don't buy on line but go to a store to try shoes on----the best thong sandles I have and I have 3 pairs are the Clarks Breeze thongs---paid $30 at TJ Maxx for 2 of them ---the best ones I have.