Respected Contributor

WHAT'S YOUR SHOE PRICE LIMIT?

I'm watching the Taryn Rose shoe presentation (can't sleep, playing candy crush) very expensive shoes IMO. $110 for a pair of thong sandals ?  I don't think I have ever paid more than 80 for a pair of shoes and that was for a fancy affair.  To each their own, not knocking the brand, beautiful shoes, just not my price range. What's your price limit ?

Trusted Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SHOE PRICE LIMIT?

For me, it all depends on style, wearability, and quality. My mom was a nurse for 40 years and she taught me never to skimp on shoes you wear for work, especially if your job has you on your feet for long hours. If it’s a shoe/boot that I know I will wear a lot, then I usually pay more for quality and durability. For special occasion or wearing on rare occasions, I might look for something a little lower in price. Then there are a few in my closet that we’re love at first sight and they cost a little more, but they are so worth it.

Valued Contributor

The only super expensive shoes I have bought are from SAS. I have a hard to fit foot and bad knees. But....my sandals that are worn only half the year have lasted me for several years. My athletic shoes two years. I have Nikes also but they really wear after about 6 months. 

Honored Contributor

My threshhold is $50-$60. If I"m paying more maybe MAYBE up to $90-$100 the shoes/boots (no sandals) better be a huge love relationship with LOTS of wear.

Respected Contributor

Around $100 , TOPS. Over that, I’ll never get my moneys worth, and I hate wasting money I’m very practical... ! 🤓

Honored Contributor

I wear Dawgs and Crocs sandals ¾ of the year

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have problems finding shoes that don't hurt my feet.  I will pay up to $200 for shoes that are comfortable and that I can actually wear. The best fitting most comfortable shoes for me are made in Germany.

it is too expensive for me to buy shoes that hurt and can't be worn.  I used to have a closet full of shoes that were worn once, then stored.

I'd rather have fewer pairs that I can actually wear in comfort, then many shoes that hurt, rub or pinch.

Ot course, I try to buy on sale to save money.

Honored Contributor

Won't confess the highest amount I paid for shoes, most are at least several hundred, but I have a very narrow foot with a 5A heel. It's been frustrating. Some manufacturers make narrows, but the heels slip.  It seems most cater to a medium width.

I do best with shoes made on an Italian last (form), some made in France, Spain, and Portugal, and found while they are more expensive, the quality is excellent, fit like a glove, and very comfortable.  I'm still wearing some that are over 10 years old.

I got lucky on QVC with one of Fly London's Softino booties made in Portugal at $200. It was sold as a medium, but ran narrow and the heel doesn't slip. 

Honored Contributor

I have spent $200 on a pair of shoes.

Valued Contributor

I have 2 pair of Mephisto sandals. I paid $150 for each. Would do it again, but I have discovered Keene and Dr. Scholls. Not as expensive