Frequent Contributor

Re: WEARING SHOES AT THIS TIME

I am wearing sneakers outside.  As soon as I get a pedicure, I'll wear flipflops.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your posts!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't go barefoot.  I've tried it & I don't like it.  Working from home I just wear sneakers and slip on type shoes.  With socks.  Once in a moon I go without socks while wearing sneakers, but most of the time....I need socks.  When the weather gets warmer, I'm in sandals.  With out the socks, of course.   I never wear sandals in a grocery store. Enclosed shoes only.

Per barefoot.  I grew up in Italy.  Walking around barefoot was a sign you were a peasant.  Not at all like the U.S.  So all my siblings wore shoes no matter what.  If we were barefoot, we were sleeping!  My husband goes barefoot at home.  I just can't bring myself to do it.  I raised my son my way.  He's never barefoot unless he's sleeping or swimming.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your posts!

Frequent Contributor

Contributor

There may/may not be scientific evidence that it is 'risky', but at this juncture, it would stand to reason that ones' feet should be covered when out in public and walking thru grocery stores and other public places. Open toe sandals or flip flops provide too much exposure. I'd be curious how other feel about that!

Trusted Contributor

@BERNIEL, my feeling is that extreme caution is necessary in everything we do these days. There are still so many unknowns about this virus so why add one more risk by exposing our feet around other people. If someone coughs or sneezes where do the droplets go but down towards our feet. I know I may sound paranoid but then again, I don't think anyone was quite ready for the way this virus just blanketed us!
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I mostly live in Crocs. I have indoor ones and outdoor ones. I only go barefoot in the shower, in bed and at the beach.

You sound like me. I have some plastic two strap sandals that almost look like birks I wear around the house. I used to go barefoot until I figured out how disgustingly dirty the ground is. I wouldn't want to clean my feet everytime I got in bed or on the furniture . 

Contributor

Well said!
Honored Contributor

I never, ever have shoes on when in my home. Yuck! I kick them off in the garage and wear slippers inside. 

"Pure Michigan"