Trusted Contributor

Visonic ortho inserts in open sandals and flip flops?

[ Edited ]

I have flat feet, and bunions, and cannot wear closed shoes.    

Have you  tried  the Visonic inserts in open sandals or flip flops?    How do you keep them from slipping off?   Crazy glue?  Velcro?  Staples?

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: Visonic ortho inserts in open sandals and flip flops?

Do you mean Vionic?  They may stay in place without using anything.  Glue or velcro may work but I don't think I would use staples.  If you try this, please let us know your results!

Honored Contributor

It would be best if you bought a sandal with a removable insole so you could put your orthotic down into the shoe which would keep it place.  I don't think you'd be happy with the result if you just put the orthotic on top of the footbed as it wouldn't stay in place and would look weird. 

You might want to try an Alegria sandal.  Most have a removable insole which you can easily remove revealing a deep "well" for an orthotic.  You might not even need the orthotic with the Alegria footbed.  I have flat feet and am supremely comfortable without an orthotic. 

There are a bunch of Alegria sandals on sale at Alegriashoeshop.com  The thongs probably don't have a removable footbed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Duck wrote:

Do you mean Vionic?  They may stay in place without using anything.  Glue or velcro may work but I don't think I would use staples.  If you try this, please let us know your results!

Sorry.

Yes.  I meant  Vionic