Super Contributor

Vionics - just a little rant...

Yesterday I tried ordering the TSV moccasins in black.  They were sold out in my size with no waitlist, even though the hosts were saying that they WERE available on waitlist.  I checked status on-line as well as calling customer service.  No luck.  There was no possibility to place a waitlist order.  Now today I see that they ARE available on waitlist - but for the new price which is $10.00 more.  They often say that there is a very good chance that a waitlisted item will come back in - so I feel sort of cheated out on the better price.  Think I might call CS and ask to speak to a supevisor. 

Spoiler

Re: Super Satruday Live - MY little rant

I was watching the Super Saturday Live from the Hampton.  The host talked about a Elizabeth Taylor bracelet that "was coming up".  I tried to order the bracelet before the presentation with my speed buying option.  I received the prompt that the item was not available.  I called directly and was also told that the item was sold out and the braclet was not available and there was not a waitlist.  The operator said "these weren't available - these special items go fast - and there had been a number of previews earlier in the week".  What?  What if you waited until the special show was aired on Saturday?  What if you didn't have the opportunity to watch the previews earlier in the week?  Sorry QVC - I'm very disappointed in this.  AND the host continued to wear the bracelet.  Just Sayin.

Super Contributor

Re: Vionics - just a little rant...

This bothers me as well.  They do this because they want to charge the higher price for wait list. Sometimes I find success by checking the item on line 20-30 min after midnight and many of the color choices pop back up on wait list still at the TSV price.  I ment to do that last night and I forgot because I was watching a movie.  Although $10 more isn't, that bad if is still on EP.

Super Contributor

I was able to call CS this morning and clearly articulate my case. The rep was completely understanding and able to place me on wait list for the black at the TSV price. Now THAT  is excellent customer service.  Way to go, QVC ! 

Honored Contributor

Happens ALL THE TIME with LTSs, and when items are much more expensive "after lunch" I never buy.

I think some shoppers stockpile amounts of items that they cancel at the last minute.

If so, quite selfish.

Respected Contributor

The problem stems from shoppers ordering then canceling orders.  The system will accommodate only so many waitlist orders.  Once that number is reached, even a CS rep cannot override the system.  Later in the day customers have second thoughts and cancel making waitlist items available again.

Honored Contributor

This isn't an issue of QVC trying to make more money after TSV day. It's that people put stuff in their carts and never buy it, or order things and cancel. It happens all the time. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval