Regular Contributor

This is my first order for Vionic. I wear an 8.5, but ordered the 8. I thought the 9 might be too long.  Did I do the right thing?  Thanks

Super Contributor

@Wildapple wrote:

This is my first order for Vionic. I wear an 8.5, but ordered the 8. I thought the 9 might be too long.  Did I do the right thing?  Thanks

IIRC, Shawn said in the High Tide presentation to size down. 

I dislike that they do not offer half-sizes. Crocs, as well. But that is another ball of wax.

Since lovely pre-menopause has reared it'sugly head (sorry tmi, but it is true), my feet have gotten wider, and I now need wide width. I have always been surprised (and disappointed) that Vionics does not have half-sizes. Do we size up or down..? IIRC, Shawn said in the High Tide presentation to size down. 

I am thinking of ordering the 

"Vionic Orthotic Adjustable Slide Sandals - Skylar"

Thanks for any replies and input. 
Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Last summer I spent six weeks walking around in Europe wearing the Vionic sandals I bought back then. Extremely comfortable and my feet were happy no matter how many hours I walked. What I got today is a nicer pair and I think I may take them instead.

@World Traveler Thanks for your post! I'm going to Italy for the first time for two weeks and need a good pair of walking shoes. I was looking at the TSV but wasn't sure. I think I'll try Vionics (also for the first time) after your recommendation. The cork looks like they'll go with anything. Do you think a slide would be good, or should I get a style with a back strap? Thanks again!

Super Contributor

I was initially drawn to the TVS in cork when Jane did the sneak peak. But after seeing the presentation at midnight, the tortoise looks cool, too, and more versatile than I imagined. But I just ordered quite a few pairs of slides and sandals, so..holding off so far. But if I order, I'm torn between the tortoise and the cork. Someone asked if the straps are adjustable, and in one of the presentations, they said yes, they are adjustable.  

Honored Contributor

yes-I wear a 9.5 and always get a 9 in vionic. I ordered the cork-how crazy good are the corks!!!!!!!!!!!! thinking about the tortoise.................

@Wildapple

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

@msh8970 wrote:

@Wildapple wrote:

IIRC, Shawn said in the High Tide presentation to size down. 

I dislike that they do not offer half-sizes. Crocs, as well. But that is another ball of wax.

Since lovely pre-menopause has reared it'sugly head (sorry tmi, but it is true), my feet have gotten wider, and I now need wide width. I have always been surprised (and disappointed) that Vionics does not have half-sizes. Do we size up or down..? IIRC, Shawn said in the High Tide presentation to size down. 

I am thinking of ordering the 

"Vionic Orthotic Adjustable Slide Sandals - Skylar"

Thanks for any replies and input. 

@msh8970 I have the same problem. Also, my feet and ankles tend to swell by the end of the day. For that reason, I am not purchasing the TSV. Because the middle (diagonal) strap is not adjustable and I can imagine it would be painful cutting across my swollen foot in the afternoon.

I have also found that some of Vionic's styles, even though they are offered in wide widths, the straps seem like they are made for the medium width. So even though the footbed is wide enough, the straps are too short and are painful. Not all styles are like this, but some definitely are. You just have to try and see. But I have a personal policy of not ordering any Vionic sandals that are not fully adjustable.

Super Contributor

Broke down and ordered the tsv cork on wait list.. Also ordered the sonora as they look quite cute.

I wear the vionic slippers in a size 7, so figured that would be the best size for these styles.

I've not been able to get a good fit in their tennis shoes, so I'm hoping these will work well.

Respected Contributor

Wow, the Vionic prices are all way up!  There shoes used be $100 max, now except for TSV, everything is way above $100, even sneakers. crazy.  Unless i wear them a lot, I won't get my money's worth.  Too expensive for me.  I did order another pair of Radias, last years wedge TSV. Very comfy and $80 is more reasonable.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered the tsv in the tortoise.  I wanted cork but it was already on waitlist.  I wear a &1/2 but went with the 7 as they advised.   I am not too hopeful because I have really poor luck with buying shoes online, but I've been wanting to try vionics and could use easy pay here.   Hope they work.   I've been going home a lot with my legs aching lately and need some good shoes!

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21I liked the look of the radias but I am not sure if vionics will work for me so I am going to try the TSV out before trying any more.  I did do an online search on the price of those radias and Amazon did have some lower prices.  However, they were limited in sizes.  Might be worth looking there though for other vionics you are interested in. 

If I like the TSV, I think I will definitely try the radias.