Respected Contributor

I only own the Vionics with the thong posts and I have had no problem with the posts being too wide.  I have 5 pairs now and two on the way.  Love them. 

Deb

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I don't believe that demo of black line on the leg. I sent my one pair back in a New York minute because they just pain hurt my feet - I was hobbling around the house. 

The orthopedic surgeon who operated on my foot and ankle years ago showed me that exact same demo in his office when he explained to me why I needed thios surgery.The middle of your knee cap should be a straight line to the space between the big toe & the next toe. The demo is legit.

Honored Contributor

I love my thong style Vionics (originals) yet the 2 new pairs I just ordered (same size as always) are so uncomfortable they feel to short on my foot! 

I thought maybe they just needed breaking in but after 3 weeks they aren't any better, in fact, I am having "hip pain" after wearing them for a hour or so!

I don't think they changed the foot bed arch but they still feel wrong or the arch is off...could just be me & old bones!!! 😉

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I love my thong style Vionics (originals) yet the 2 new pairs I just ordered (same size as always) are so uncomfortable they feel to short on my foot! 

I thought maybe they just needed breaking in but after 3 weeks they aren't any better, in fact, I am having "hip pain" after wearing them for a hour or so!

I don't think they changed the foot bed arch but they still feel wrong or the arch is off...could just be me & old bones!!! 😉

@homedecor1  If those shoes are causing you discomfort, I'd take them off and send them home to West Chester ASAP.  It's possible they could cause permanent damage to a person who is not compatible with that extreme arch support. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is how much Vionic charges for plastic materials.  They very seldom use leather and charge high prices.  It's not that expensive to make the shoe with a higher arch support.  Such a scam.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I own about 25 pair of Vionic sandals, thongs, shoes, booties etc and have never ever had them cut into my foot.  They are the most comfortable shoe/sandal that I have ever worn.  Perhaps its the style you selected that don't work with your feel.  You should give the Tide style a try.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

What I don't understand is how much Vionic charges for plastic materials.  They very seldom use leather and charge high prices.  It's not that expensive to make the shoe with a higher arch support.  Such a scam.  Cat Happy

Try buying an orthotic some time (which Vionics have, not just an "arch support") - Vionic's support or any other. They start at Vionic's price ($40) and go up to about $90 - just for the inserts, not the shoes.

Removable orthotics cannot be used with sandals (or any backless style), in case that has escaped your notice. The only solution for those who need the orthotic in an open shoe is to build it into the footbed. Women want to be able to wear sandals in warm weather. So much so that they are willing to pay for orthotic sandals.

Anyone who doesn't need an orthotic doesn't need to buy Vionics. For those who need them, they are hardly a scam. Don't need, don't buy; simple.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Actually, quite a good number of Vionic styles are leather or use leather for the trim.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I purchased the upcoming TSV from the May Insider.  The arch killed me.  I tried breaking them in but to no avail. 

I am usually a 6.5M and order 7M.  The length just fit, but the strap was loose.

I seldom return things, but these went back.

Respected Contributor

Re: Vionic thongs

[ Edited ]

Like anything else, not all shoes are for all people.

I have narrow, high arched feet. I had plantar fascitis a few years ago that is much better now.

Vionics work very well for me. My high arches love the arch support and I don't need a break in period. I've  had a pair of thongs on since 9 this morning and my feet feel great. A friend has flat feet and they don't work for her at all.