Contributor

Re: Vionic sandals with bumpy plastic footbed

i bought a pair of Vionic slippers--not cheap.....within 6 months i had worn through the fabric lining of the foot bed...i've had $15 slippers that lasted for years....To me this brand is overpriced and not worth it...

Respected Contributor

I just received my 1st Vionic thongs. Not sure I am keeping them. They fit ok, but they are NOT comfortable. I have not written a review yet, wanted to give them a few more days. Right now, they do not seem worth the $$$. Maybe I was expecting too much,lol...

Occasional Contributor

I so agree that the plastic bumpy footbed is very uncomfortable especially in the summer heat!  Yes, our (my) feet sweat in the very hot temps we have in the south and prefer suede footbeds, will not buy these anymore and I have at least 6 or 7 pairs that are going to be given away.  I found that Belk's carries Vionic sandals and those do NOT have plastic footbeds and are the same price as on QVC.  Hopfully someone will listen to the customers and change the footbeds to suede!

Super Contributor

I'm doing alright with the bumpy footbed, much more comfortable than the Dr. Weil wedges I got. My foot is still sore from wearing them earlier this week. Oddly, only the left foot is sore and on the outside, opposite the arch. I may have to donate them. That character should spend less time drawing on legs and more time about who they are really for.
Valued Contributor

Yes!  Totally agree.  I have suffered with plantar fasciitis in the past so I must wear a shoe with a supportive footbed.  I've become quite the shoe expert over the years just so I don't have a reoccurrance of the PF.  I have tried the Vionics from time to time, but just can't get used to the very hard, plastic footbed.  And, yes, the bumps just irritate me!  I much prefer a suede covered footbed as well, such as those found in Birkenstocks and Naots.  But, lately, I have been having a hard time find supportive footbed sandals that fit my feet correctly.  I've been looking at the Vionics out in the department stores, but I've noticed that the Vionics are starting to looking kind of cheap yet still are on the pricey side.  Most of the Vionics are plastic - no natural materials at all.  I've noticed that since they severed their relationship with Dr. Weil, they seem to no longer make their shoes with leather and/or suede.  I don't think the quality of the materials justifies their prices.

Honored Contributor

sueeich, google "Aetrex" shoes. They are my new favorites. PF-friendly footbeds covered in baby-soft suede. Blissfully comfortable. The company has its own website (and stores in the east coast) but you can get great deals on shoebuy dot com. Nice materials and well made, classic-appearing. About the same cost as Vionics.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is a much more durable footbed. I purchased the thong style Vionic (Orthoheel back in 2013) with the bumpy footbed, and they are just like new. I wore them a lot too.

The latest TSV thong Cassie, with a different footbed has already peeled to the point I can't wear them anymore. The black pair are the worst. I ordered a pair in white that has a cork-like footbed, and that is holding up better.

Very disappointed in the Cassie style.

Vionic w/ Orthaheel Orthotic Thong Sandals - Cassie

The Cassie. A felt-like footbed. Not durable at all!