Respected Contributor

Vionic arches the same or different with each shoe?

I bought Vionics years ago and the arch was so hard and uncomfortable.  Then I tried on the style Aloe in a store and it felt comfortable.  I was wondering if all of the vionic footbeds are the same in arch support or do different styles vary.  The hosts never say anything about it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Vionic arches the same or different with each shoe?

@chiclet wrote:

I bought Vionics years ago and the arch was so hard and uncomfortable.  Then I tried on the style Aloe in a store and it felt comfortable.  I was wondering if all of the vionic footbeds are the same in arch support or do different styles vary.  The hosts never say anything about it.

@chiclet Your question is interesting since I had the same experience with Vionic years ago.  It was years back when Vionic first came to QVC and it was a TSV with a sandal very similar to today's TSV.  It was hard as a rock and so uncomfortable under the arch of my foot.  I'll be interested in reading the comments from those that first felt the same as we did and then changed their minds years later with other Vionic styles.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

Good question . I own several pair and find the arch support about the same in each pair . 

Trusted Contributor

I tried 2 or 3 pairs of Vionic Flip flop styles and found them all to be very hard and uncomfortable.  I kept 1 pair hoping that with wear my feet would feel better, however, my feet hurt so bad trying to wear them.  That also was years ago.  Based on that experience I won't attempt them again.

Super Contributor

I have been wearing them since they first came to QVC.  They help my back a lot and allow me to wear sandles.  I wear them all summer, have certain older ones and plastic to walk to the beach in.  I would wait for the annual spring TSV.  I still have the first ones.  They are brown and I garden with them.  I only wish the newer ones would hold up as well, mine don't!  🩴

Valued Contributor

I'm guessing most of them are as hard as a rock. Maybe they have a few that aren't, but every one I ever tried on were uncomfortable. The TSV's price of almost $60 is ridiculous for flip flops. Flip flops aren't versatile enough to justify that price. You can get comfortable ones at big box stores for less than $10.00. No one is going to know you're wearing $60 dollar flip flops when they see them on your feet.

Esteemed Contributor

They vary and the hardness of the insole is also different creating problems with people who already have foot issues.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Kitties   I'm happy to pay $60 for their sandals.  They have literally saved my feet from intense pain due to planter faciitus.  If you don't suffer from feet problem that are painful, then that's great, but for those that can barely walk without significant arch support, those sandals are a lifesaver!

I probably have 15+ pairs that I've purchased over the years.

I do find the arch support is higher on the sandals with the rubber bottoms then the boots or closed shoes.

If you are suffering from planter faciitus, then I highly recommend them.  Even after surgery for it, I still wear them along with orthotic inserts in almost all of my other non-vionic shoes and have zero issues now.

Absolutely worth it to me. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

I have a question: Is the Tide sport ( TSV) the same as the Tide ll ? I am wondering if the sport one is lighter. I have the Tide ll and  have it for a few years.  Hoping the Sport version is lighter. But they look the same.. Thanks for any help answering this. I have tried  to find the weight of these online without luck.

Esteemed Contributor

A bit off topic, but I am watching Liam from Vionic with Kerstin this morning and he mentioned he was "off to California to do his 'other' job".   I'm just curious what that "other job" is?  Does anyone know?.  Purely curiosity on my part.