Honored Contributor

Re: Vionic. Please explain the big deal/hype about this brand.

I have a lot of Vionic sandals. They give me support without being a closed-toe shoe. I find at the end of the day, my body doesn't feel like it struggled; everything is relaxed.

No brand is the best for everyone, but for me, since finding out about Vionics, my feet are more aligned with the rest of my body and the support in the arch is just what I needed.

I also have one pair of Vionic tennis shoes and they are great support when I work out at the gym and am lifting weights. My feet feel more stable when wearing them.

Occasional Contributor

couldn't agree more...I bought a pair several years ago & they hurt my feet...never again!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a pair of Vionics last spring and can’t wear them they make my legs hurt so bad after a few minutes.  They are sneakers and I got them at ross.  The same ones on Q were $89 on clearance.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant I had a problem with plantar fasciatis and discovered Vionic's when they were still sold as Orthaheel. Purchased a pair of sandals and the pain went away very rapidly. I'm definitely sold on the shoes for the comfort they provide. I have a pair of slippers to wear in colder weather. From my perspective, they are worth the hype and the money.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That built in arch support in Vionics feels to me like a huge, hard rock.  I pronate so badly that I've had surgery for it, but I`m flat-footed and that arch is too much.  I do better with Alegria which are more gentle.  If you don't need an arch support, I'm guessing Vionics could be harmful.

Their arch support in a shoe is too hard and pronounced for me too. I couldn’t wait to get those shoes off. I have two pairs of flip flops and seldom wear those either. I won’t buy any more.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That built in arch support in Vionics feels to me like a huge, hard rock.  I pronate so badly that I've had surgery for it, but I`m flat-footed and that arch is too much.  I do better with Alegria which are more gentle.  If you don't need an arch support, I'm guessing Vionics could be harmful.

@Kachina624

I definitely need good arch support but I do not pronate. That is why Vionics hurt my feet. 

Esteemed Contributor

I looove Vionic.  As I get older, my high arch is not as high anymore.  Vionic puts it back in its place and take pressure of the arch and ball of my foot.  I miss it when I don't have it.  It feels like a massage as I walk.