Contributor

Vionic Orthotic Lace-up Sneakers

Hello friends. I recently bought this shoe and love them. I was wondering if anyone that has a pair has washed them.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Vionic Orthotic Lace-up Sneakers

@Grammy75

Hi!  I have a couple of Vionic athletic shoes, but have never washed them (one could use it though!).

I do wash my "lawn mowing" athletic shoes  which are made by Saucony and they come out just fine. I don't even remove the inserts/footbed either.

I would say that if you really need to wash them in the washing machine, put them into individual mesh laundry bags and use warm water along with a really good quality detergent.  I would alos use the gentle cycle.

Good luck and report back if you get brave enough to give the shoes a washing!

Honored Contributor

@Grammy75I haven't washed mine, but I really like the Vionic sneaker I have.  I'll be watching with you to see if anyone has good news for us.

Contributor

I have lopts of Vionic and of those 3 pair of tennis shoes.  I wash them in my washing machine and let them air dry on a Heating and Cooling Vent in my bathroom.  I have never had a problem anytime I have washed any of the tennis shoes.  I also have probably 8 to 10 pair of the Vionic flip flops and I wash those occassionaly in the bathroom sink and allow to air dry.  Hope this helps!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks ladies! I wear Brooks shoes also and I wash them with no problems. I may wash my Vionics this weekend and see what happens.

I have several Vionic flip flops. I too wash them in the sink. I even wear them in swimming pools and the hold up to that.

Super Contributor

I've actually wondered if anyone has tried to wash their vionic faux fur slippers.

Honored Contributor

@Grnidkjun wrote:

I've actually wondered if anyone has tried to wash their vionic faux fur slippers.

I have - the gray zebra ones, in the washer. I used a detergent pod, warm water and gentle agitation & spin and dried on low heat for 15-20 min & then air-dried. I wouldn't have tried, though, if any of the footbed material was frayed or had a rip, but mine didn't.

I must say that they didn't feel (to my feet) or particularly look cleaner afterwards, but at least I knew they were.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all