Contributor

These are my first Vionic's in Brinley style. It was the TSV & all day they showed them on models wearing them without socks. They were half inch too big in heel & I normally wear walking shoes with tennis socks & I plan on doing that with these. Will they appear dorky with socks? I've been wearing a Birkenstock orthotic for at least 10 yr so the Vionic arch isn't a huge difference in the feel of the shoe. Insole feels hard to me so I'll be wearing them inside before I decide to keep them.

Honored Contributor

I don't think they will look dorky with socks. I always wear socks unless I'm wearing sandals. 

I cannot wear Vionic. Every time I try them they make my lower back hurt. I will stick with Birkenstock. They don't make my back hurt. The arch support on the Vionic seem a little high for me.

Valued Contributor

Just received my Brinley and they are going back.  The heel fits fine but there isn't much support like a memory foam and the arch support isn't very strong but the  worse part is typical of QVC anymore......the toe box is NOT medium....it is too roomy - I could almost cross my toes.  I am an average person but QVC's average is not the standard - almost everything is too big and sloppy......why QVC?

Respected Contributor

Got my pink and blues yesterday and I LOVE them.  Super cute and they fit my foot perfectly.  I am set for now and spring

Deb

Super Contributor

@Cruzzing wrote:

These are my first Vionic's in Brinley style. It was the TSV & all day they showed them on models wearing them without socks. They were half inch too big in heel & I normally wear walking shoes with tennis socks & I plan on doing that with these. Will they appear dorky with socks? I've been wearing a Birkenstock orthotic for at least 10 yr so the Vionic arch isn't a huge difference in the feel of the shoe. Insole feels hard to me so I'll be wearing them inside before I decide to keep them.

My first Vionics too and same for me - too big and very stiff feeling -- like walking on a cement block.  Very cute shoe but I am returning Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

@Cruzzing wrote:

I have many pair of all styles of Vionics. I have learned over time that I wear a different size in each of three styles. In shoes that are not Vionics I generally wear a 9M. In Vionic sneakers I wear a 9M, perfect fit for me. In their more flexible slip-on shoes I wear an 8.5M. In their open-backed shoes (any sandal footbed, with or without a back strap) I wear an 8M - down a whole size from my normal.

It might be worth it to you to play around with sizes, though I understand the not wanting potential back-and-forth shipping hassle.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

I tried them out for a few days inside my home. No support. Barely any arch support. Wish you still sold Birkenstocks. Attractive & affordable. Yes, I can find them elsewhere but selection is limited & cost is double what I paid on the Q.

Respected Contributor

I got the pinkie mauve and I like them a lot! I ordered 1/2 size up because I always wear socks and my feel seem to be wanting oversized. When I pulled them out I thought oh no, too big, but surprise they fit fine.  

Typical Vionic , they aren’t heavily cushioned, and a little more stiff , but I think the arch is good. I’ll use them with light , white colored pants to work. I like a tonal look since I’m stumpy short, and these are very cute and trendy now- 

Note, if if you wear a lot of Sketchers that are super cushy and flexible with no support, you’ll find these very different... 

Honored Contributor

I always find it odd when people complain about Vionic shoes being “hard” and without any padding.

Many shoes are advertised and sold based on how much cushioning, memory foam, etc cushions every step. I have had shoes with cushioning up the wazoo that killed my feet, and none of the cushioning ever did a thing for my PF or pronation.

As someone with chronic severe PF, as well as other foot and musculoskeletal issues, Vionic insoles give me exactly what I need as far as support and comfort. I never think of them as “hard” in any way.

All anyone has to do is look at the insoles, in the shoes, to see how much arch support is there. It can be seen, vs other brands of shoes (and definitely archless Skechers), it’s right there to look at.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Got my pink Brinley's a few days ago and have worn the every day since.  My feet are happiest when I'm in a Vionic shoe.  I'm flat-footed and need arch support so, for me, the Vionic's are great.  This is my first sneaker, glad I went up half a size.  I feel like I could walk all day in these.  Considering going back for another color.  Received compliments on the pink color and style.  Very, very happy with my purchase.