Honored Contributor

Hello - have you ever bought shoes by Vince Camuto?  I am thinking about ordering a pair of shabooties and the heel is on the high side.  The color option I want is only available at Dillards (no stores in MI).  I'm not inclined to scoot down to Ohio to check them out in person, lol.

I'll have to pay S/H to get these home so before I order, I wonder if Vince makes a comfy shoe, especially if the heel is 3 inches or above.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I have also fallen in love with these, available right now directly from Vince

Honored Contributor

Re: Vince Camuto Shoes

[ Edited ]

I have several pair of VC boots and shoes, several of them being the style above but with a cone heel. 

I purchased 1 pair of VC shoes that were a wedge sandal that were by far the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned.  I bought them for a wedding and 1 hour into the night, the balls of my feet hurt so bad I had to take them off.  Then it was even more miserable when I had to put them back on.

I have no idea what happened with those shoes because all my other VC shoes are among my most comfortable.  I often wear them to work for a 9 hour day and have no problem at all.  Super comfy. 

Both of those shoes are sharp looking.  I'd buy them in a minute.  I think my wedge sandals were an exception, not the rule, with VC shoes. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

Thank you for weighing in on Camuto Shoes.

The bronze shoe looks like this from the side (not the bronze color, but the same shoe) .  Do you think these look 'wedgey' to you?

Trusted Contributor

I was reluctant to post my experience until I saw that another poster had the same result that I did.  It was about 3 years ago that I purchased a very uncomfortable pair of VC shoes.  It was my own fault though, because I was being vain in wanting a "sexy" pair of heels!  I should have known that I do not do well in very high heels!  But that left a bad taste for me in buying VC shoes!!    Yes, they are gorgeous, but sometimes very uncomfortable!

I would strongly suggest trying on the shoes and walking around a bit in them before purchasing!!  If possible!!  And again, you might have better luck than I did!

Honored Contributor

Well, I ordered them, before I read suzieq4's post. 

I guess I'll find out in a couple of days.  Fingers crossed :-) 

Super Contributor

I have a lot of shoes (way too many in fact) and my Vince Camuto sandals are my absolute favorite.  Mine have a cone heel, similar to the pair you ordered, but not a true wedge.  Not only do I love the way they look, but they are incredibly comfortable.  In fact, I would say they are more comfortable than a lot of my lower heeled shoes.

I hope you love your shoes as much as I think you will!

Trusted Contributor

I own two pair of VC suede boots.  One is a 2" heel, very comfy.  Can wear all day.  The other 3.5" heel.   Can wear about 3 hours.  VC is good for my narrow foot!  Hope yours works out bird mama.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried Vince Camuto shoes in store and I have never found them to be comfortable as the pitch is too steep and there's not enough padding in the forefoot. They are all sized medium shoes in store whether they are at a department store or an off price store like T.J. Maxx.

I think that HSN is the only place that sells some Vince Camuto shoes in the wider widths though. The HSN customer reviews will likely give you an idea of how those shoes fit, especially if it was a past showstopper. I think there's a past showstopper shootie that a lot of people liked 455474 and it does come in medium and wide widths and the heel isn't too high so maybe take a look at it as it comes in different colors.

Respected Contributor

I have ballet flats, a wedge sandal and a pair of mid height heels from VC.  I find all of them to be less than comfortable. I cannot wear them for more than an hour or 2.  The fit seems fine, they just are not comfortable.