Valued Contributor

Vera's new leather line...Anyone bought?

I saw her new line of leather. It is quilted and very soft. Around $260.00. Just wonder if anyone has tried it. I am trying to wean myself from the prints as I get older. I think it would be easier just to have a couple of really nice neutrals in leather than constantly changing the patterns.

Super Contributor

Re: Vera's new leather line...Anyone bought?

I haven't bought one, but I do like those quilted leather bags. They look well made. If you get one, please let us know how you like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll tell you...they are gorgeous! The softest, creamiest leather you can imagine. They're pricey but they are delicious!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

I received the black quilted leather Emma satchel yesterday. It is beautiful. I hadn't seen any of the leather in person but I decided to order it based on the positive reviews. I have several Vera print bags but I thought it might be nice to have a solid bag too. The Emma satchel is a good size with nice compartments. I like big bags and although I wish this one was a tiny bit larger I think it will be fine. My only criticism is that the crossbody strap is a little short for me because I like LONG cross bodies! However, I have another black leather strap that I attached. This bag is beautiful. I'm glad I ordered it.
Valued Contributor

When I first touched it, I thought it was microfiber. It has 5 star reviews on Amazon. The only thing I didn't like on the one I saw was the closure. I prefer a full zip but this had a zip center compartment and I think magnetic snaps on the 2 outer. I am looking for the black/taupe one with shoulder straps and short ones. I buy at least 2 new prints per season so the price is cost effective in the long run. Plus I'm getting a little tired of changing persons all the time.

Super Contributor

I own one of their microfiber cross body bags in two colors and I really love it. I bet I'd love the leather. I am a Dooney leather gal but maybe soon will try a VB leather bag.

Contributor

Yes! I got the Emma quilted satchel in black.OMG, it was so pricey but worth it! The leather is like butta! ?? I'm now totally addicted- I really want the little quilted clutch in fuchsia or white, but can't justify spending $98 on a clutch when I just got the satchel.
Valued Contributor

After several phone calls, I finally tracked down the Emma satchel. I got the taupe and orange. It is as soft as butter and I have gotten several compliments on it. I do wish it was a little bigger, but you can't have everything. I did splurge also on a Coach that I will have to carry until my death... which could be imminent if my husband knew I spent a thousand on 2 purses. But having had so many personal losses these past couple of years, I am not denying myself anything.

Occasional Contributor

I am enjoying the light blue quilted Emerson bucket tote and wallet. The bag is very light weight. I envisioned it being a little larger when I ordered it, but it's worked out well.