Contributor
I've recently started collecting these fun bags, and have a question. Do patterns come and go quickly? Should I jump on one I love for fear it will soon be retired? Do new patterns arrive with the onset of each new season? Thanks for any insight!
Esteemed Contributor

Best to get updates from the blog:http: www.ohmyvera.com

This way you get previews on what's coming and info on retiring styles and patterns. VB has really sped up new patterns and quickened the retirement on so many patterns lately. I took advantage of the VB online sale of Olivia Pink (a fairly new pattern) yesterday and they sent out my order today. I think the new fall patterns arrive in July this year. QVC usually times a show when the new patterns are revealed and the advantage is the EZ pay option. I love the accessories (cosmetic pouches,totes) to supplement my heavier leather bags or squish down a tote to fit in a suitcase.. I like the black microfiber line as well.

HTH

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cindy is right on the money with her info!

The patterns are retired pretty quickly. The good news is that the retired pieces go on sale. So, provided the piece you want is still available and you held off getting it, you can get a good deal, if you can find it! The Hallmark stores in my area all carry VB, so you can check there for deals on retired items and patterns (usually 40% off, but sometimes up to 60% depending on the store).

Be sure to sign up for emails on the Vera site. You will get email alerting you not only to sales and special offers, but also to what's new. Their service is excellent. Shipping and handling is high, but if you spend a certain amount it is free (and sometimes they have a special deal on free ship).

As Hi Cindy said, the black microfiber line is also great (there are also some other solid colors).

ETA that as a "newbie", I should warn you that they are pretty addicting. I love to carry them in the spring and summer, especially. So light and colorful and packed with organization!

Contributor
Thank you, Hi Cindy and Gloria for all of the info! I greatly appreciate it and will take your advice. Gloria, I can absolutely see them being addicting lol. I'm off to shop :-)
Honored Contributor

Yes. I went BONKERS 13/14 years ago buying everything I could find in one specific print. Glad I did because to this day, when I pull one of the items out to use, I smile. : )

Trusted Contributor
On 5/23/2014 karliann said: Thank you, Hi Cindy and Gloria for all of the info! I greatly appreciate it and will take your advice. Gloria, I can absolutely see them being addicting lol. I'm off to shop :-)

You're welcome, karliann! Happy shopping!