them.

I have a very fluffy Maine Coon and her fur is

everywhere.

If I ever were to wear any shoes with Velcro, I

would look like I had "fluffy slippers" like my

cat has.

Respected Contributor

Re: Velcro Straps - Love or Hate!

i hate velcro on any shoes for adults unless they are unable to fasten their shoes due to age or disability. I think of nursing homes or cheap, donated shoes.

I am in desperate need for some wedge espadrilles with a strap and everything thing has velcro! I need a lower heel wedge so that means you need velcro? Guess I am definitely a geriatric shoe shopper. BTW, the TSV is heinous in my opinion. I wouldn't wear it if they were giving them away.

Frequent Contributor

Velcro. Oh No!

Honored Contributor

I don't /won't buy Velcro sandals.

Respected Contributor

Hate. I must have small ankles because the strap always hangs wayyy out past the shoe and sticks out. Not good. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love them on my Alegria sandals.  Fix them once, perfect fit and never see the Velcro,  I have a pair of Vionics that have Velcro, it curls and does not stay attached.  The back strap.  Those are ready for the donate pile. Sandals should be easy!  

Esteemed Contributor

Not a love or hate thing for me.  With sandals, they are good for pedicures.

If I like the shoe, it won't determine whether I buy or not, but the adjustability is welcome for my difficult feet.  I recently bought these sandals, and they are gorgeous and comfortable and the velcro makes them so wearable, accommodating non-cookie cutter feet:

A476559 Revere Leather Adjustable Sandals - Miami

Honored Contributor

With Fly London the velcro is on the back of the buckle so it's invisable.  I like that the buckle holes don't get that stretched look.

Amazon.com | FLY London Womens Yall Cupido Cut Out Peep Toe Perforated Wedge  Heels - Black - US6/EU37 | Sandals

Respected Contributor

I'm neutral. My Ecco sandals have Velcro straps. But I prefer my sneakers with laces. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the velcro straps - especially if the shoe has an ankle strap. I'm unable to twist myself into the right position to fasten a buckle these days. Very annoying from my point of view and I've tried all kinds of things - put my foot on a chair, sit down on the steps, etc.  You get it and for whatever reason I get a cramp in my hip and that's it.  I know I know TMI but with velcro, one second and I'm done!