Honored Contributor

Re: Velcro Straps - Love or Hate!

The Velcro straps are fine for me on casual shoes.
Honored Contributor

Generally, I loathe velcro straps.

However, I have a couple of pairs of really cute sandals that have a great looking stylish jewelry-style buckle on the side, but it's actually velcro underneath.  Since it's hidden, I don 't mind that velcro at all.  

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of Aetrex Jillian sandals today. They do have velcro on the straps. They are comfortable so I don't mind the velcro. 

Womens Aetrex Jillian Navy Leather - Happyfeet.Com

I completely agree. They're selling sandals for over $100.00 with velcro. It cheapens them and makes me cringe.
Esteemed Contributor

for the most part, I like velcro closures on shoes. It has become very difficult for me to buckle a strap, especially if it is on an ankle strap. For some reason, even tho I do yoga, I just can't manage to get the right angle for my body to do up the strap w/o causing pain!

I bought a really pretty pair of sandals with an ankle strap a couple of years ago.  Sadly, getting the strap thru the buckle and the buckle done up & the end tucked into the keeper was such an annoying process that I returned them! 

Honored Contributor

They don't bother me.  I usually just adjust them once and they stay for me on a sandal.  However all of my sandals are leather so the straps are leather with velcro under them.  It's hard to tell that they are velcro.

Honored Contributor

The sneakers I'm wearing now have velco straps.  My pants come down over my instep .... you can't see the straps. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hate.

Regular Contributor

I love them
Regular Contributor

I prefer velcro straps to buckles because I'm able to get a more precise fit - best adjustability.  I prefer ties for sneakers and athletic shoes.