Esteemed Contributor

Re: VInce Camuto is a downgrade on QVC

I think it's a matter of who QVC thinks their shoppers are and the styles they like vs. HSN's shoppers.

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic

Yup, if a seller is big enough, they get to say what they want in a shoe that they want to sell. QVC's TSV shoes are almost always an "exclusive" made for QVC. Most of their TSVs as well as HSN's shoe TSVs come in medium and wide widths. Most stores only sell mediums and rarely carry wides in shoe brands including Vince Camuto. I've only seen Nordstrom carry some Vince Camuto shoes online in wide widths and not in the stores. Nordstrom Rack's Vince Camuto shoes are "dumbed down" with scratchy unfinished leather on the inside of the vamp, not like the nice inside linings of a regular Nordstrom store. Shoe manufacturers cut corners on linings and insoles where it doesn't show easily to the consumer but where the consumer will feel it, it's why cheap shoes usually feel cheap and uncomfortable.

I notice that the Vince Camuto shooties that QVC sells all have laces that will dig into bare skin as there's no lining underneath. The forefoot has no extra padding for under the balls of the feet either.

Honored Contributor

If you don't like the QVC Vince Camuto items; buy your Vince Camuto shoes from other retailers.  Problem solved.

Respected Contributor

Vince Camuto shoes are sold in tons of online stores. Why complain about what QVC offers when you can go other places? I can never understand when people do this, unless it is a brand only offered by QVC.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have quite a few booties, a couple sandals and a couple pairs of jeans from VC that I bought from the Q and the quality is as it should be. No complaints here. 

Respected Contributor

In general, I have become disappointed in what shoes QVC brings in over the years.  I bought some beautiful Bruce Makowsky shoes years ago that I still have.  Now, it seems they mostly carry orthopedic looking shoes with velcro attachments.  The velcro wears out long before the shoe actually does and I don't like that.  I also don't like the bottoms of most of the Earth and Clark's shoes either.  I prefer a more traditional looking sole and heel, not these weird molded looking bottoms.  At least they look weird to me. LOL.

I still find shoes at QVC, but not as many as I used to.  I think they are carrying what sells, which involves dumbing down the styles.  

Respected Contributor

This is a QVC forum which is why I'm commenting on what QVC offers.  My point is that VC offerings were great on HSN.  Then QVC bought HSN and transferred the brand over and now it's not good.  The offerings on HSN were better than what you could find in the store.  So I miss that and want it back.  However, there is an upside, which is I don't have to spend so much money on VC shoes anymore lol.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't found any style on QVC that I haven't seen in B&M. In fact, whenever I see something I like on the Q I check first elsewhere for better pricing and free shipping.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

For me, buying shoes on QVC is like buying a car.  They're made by different manufacturers, some cost more than others, come in different colors and sizes, but they all look alike.

Super Contributor

Could it be because VC died a few years ago.  I believe it was December 2017.