Frequent Contributor

Re: VB is getting into leather bags

I will not purchase a leather bag for ethical reasons. That is just me, do not care what others do.

I have two Vera bags. One is the Mandy (I think) with the dark blue/yellow print with little elephants in the pattern. The other my sister gave me and that is it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/14/2014 icaughtu said:

I will not purchase a leather bag for ethical reasons. That is just me, do not care what others do.

I have two Vera bags. One is the Mandy (I think) with the dark blue/yellow print with little elephants in the pattern. The other my sister gave me and that is it for me.

icaughtu, the pattern that's dark blue and yellow with elephants is called Ellie Blues. It's retired now but when it was being sold I bought a hard computer case and a Villager in that print. I love it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

On 9/14/2014 sunala said:
On 9/14/2014 icaughtu said:

icaughtu, the pattern that's dark blue and yellow with elephants is called Ellie Blue. It's retired now but when it was being sold I bought a hard computer case and a Villager in that print. I love it!

sunala, Ellie Blue yes now I remember. Thank you! I love that pattern. Glad I have it since it is retired. I forgot I also have the wallet to match.

Honored Contributor

The quilted leather bags look interesting. Personally, I think this could potentially be a wise move. Bradley is simply looking to the future and realizing that the market for quilted cotton and microfiber bags might one day dry up, but leather bags will always be popular. To be sure, it could prove to be a huge mistake, but on the other hand, I'm someone who isn't at all interested in her regular line, but might take a look at this bag!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 hulagirl said:

They need to do something.....ever since they got away from the classy prints that they used to do, it's become a pop art parade of garish colors and prints that I wouldn't carry across the street....I swear Yellow Bird was the last sophisticated print they did.

Yes, I totally agree, the mod, garish prints are awful! Give me the Country Provence prints that made them popular!! I loved Yellow Bird..just picked up a pink elephant print today..its an old print they brought back!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 hulagirl said:

They need to do something.....ever since they got away from the classy prints that they used to do, it's become a pop art parade of garish colors and prints that I wouldn't carry across the street....I swear Yellow Bird was the last sophisticated print they did.

Agreed. I prefer the more traditional prints they used to do...

Trusted Contributor

I went to a retail VB store today to use my birthday coupon. I was shocked at the amount of non-cloth bags and accessories.

I personally like the lightweight cloth so I hope they continue to offer a variety.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be interested in leather or at least solids. I like the design of Vera bags, but not the loud colors & patterns.