Trusted Contributor

Re: Upcoming Alegria TSV Review

Today is June 18, and I had no problem placing a pre order this morning for the June 23 TSV.  Pre order is on 5 EZ pays--yay!  Not permitted to post item number, but item numbers are readily available in The Insider.  The Insider can be read online or you can request a print copy.  I do both.  This TSV is a cute slide/maryjane style.  Scalloped edging and small studs around toebox and a normal buckle type strap that fits over your instep.  No heel strap.  7 colors; thanks to the reviewer who described the teal tooled as being very green.  I nearly ordered that color but wanted a blue teal not a green. So I ordered the floral, called Queenie Gold, to wear both with and without socks as a winter shoe down here in the deep South.  It's a multi color on black background.  I'm a size 8 in a street shoe, 8.5 in an athletic shoe.  Ordered a 38 by following the chart recommendation.  I did order in a wide width because I have hammertoes and a bunion on one foot, and I need extra toebox room.  I have a slim heel, but doesn't matter in this open back slide style.  For any of you wondering about width, remember that an Alegria wide width does not mean the actual shoe is wider.  Wide width just means Alegria uses a thinner footbed in place of their bulkier standard footbed.  This gives a bit more wiggle room.  I wear Alegria sandals with open toe/open heel & adjustable toe straps in the regular width but order closed toe sandals in wide with.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - Thanks for the review! I was debating colors, and after reading your review of the teal, made my decision. I decided to go with "Queenie Gold."I wear a 9-1/2 shoe, average width. I've never worn a 10. But after trying both 39 and 40 in these, the 40 works better for me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Kachina624 - Thanks for the review! I was debating colors, and after reading your review of the teal, made my decision. I decided to go with "Queenie Gold."I wear a 9-1/2 shoe, average width. I've never worn a 10. But after trying both 39 and 40 in these, the 40 works better for me. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom  I got a message today from alegriashoeshop.com, an official Alegria re-seller, of some new fall styles.  They have a tooled-look clog in teal which looks in the picture to be more blue than the TSV.  I ordered it ($119), and will return the TSV teal shoe.  I prefer the clog style anyway as it fits my foot better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624 - I will definitely look into that one. Let us know what you think when you get it. Teal is my favorite color! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom  Just wanted to let you know I got my Alegria clogs in teal today from alegriashoeshop.com.   They seem to be about the same shade of teal as the TSV, although I vastly prefer the clog style.  They seem to run wide and I have them on the tightest hole.  I do have a leather hole punch if they stretch any.

I've got an ace up my sleeve on the color.  I've done this to many brand-new items very successfully.  I apply a thin coat of acrylic paint with a sponge then immediately wipe it off, leaving it in the crevices.  Glass paint from a hobby shop works best.  Once it dries, it cannot be removed by any means and viola, you've got your perfect color.

Screenshot_2016-06-27-16-40-05-1.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I was on the wait list for the queenie gold & I am in LOVE! I just received them today and I haven't taken them off! So cute ( totally LOVE the colors against the black) and comfy! I did not order according to the size chart. I am a 7.5 regular shoe size. I have ordered the last 4 tsvs. I learned my lesson- in an open toed shoe order according to the chart- for me a 7.5=37 BUT in a closed toe shoe order up. I ordered the 38 and they fit perfectly! Love them!