Contributor

Re: UNBELIEVABLY RIDICULOUS WHAT I WAS TOLD RE GILI OSTRICH ROMA 2

What I don't get is all the nastiness about these bags and people who bought them. Not just on this thread but others as well. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I bought three, black, espresso and natural ostrich, and they were all perfect. No streaks, smells or other horror stories. And no, I'm not obsessed with Lisa. I enjoy her but for some reason that totally eludes me, she seems to really get under people's skin. I bought the bag because its gorgeous, good leather and size for the price and I don't want to spend thousands for a Gucci. Pure and simple, nice bag. The reviews are mostly good for these bags and it is too bad that a few had a bad bag sent to them. I think from reading the reviews, most people are happy and really love the bag. Lots of people went back for another so I must not be the only one happy.
Trusted Contributor

Just read the reviews. Many purchasers are very happy with this bag; others reported receiving Roma 2's with marks or even fingerprints in the color, scratches, missing tassels, peeling o-rings, peeling straps, noxious odors...... Clearly the quality of this bag is inconsistent. When buying mass-produced imports, let the buyer beware.

Esteemed Contributor

Since you had escalated this to corporate I'd deal with only them. They'll make it right - in 20+ years I've gone this route a couple times. Definitely relay to them the absurd comment you received from their CS staff!

Honored Contributor

On 6/29/2014 maizer said: What I don't get is all the nastiness about these bags and people who bought them. Not just on this thread but others as well. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I bought three, black, espresso and natural ostrich, and they were all perfect. No streaks, smells or other horror stories. And no, I'm not obsessed with Lisa. I enjoy her but for some reason that totally eludes me, she seems to really get under people's skin. I bought the bag because its gorgeous, good leather and size for the price and I don't want to spend thousands for a Gucci. Pure and simple, nice bag. The reviews are mostly good for these bags and it is too bad that a few had a bad bag sent to them. I think from reading the reviews, most people are happy and really love the bag. Lots of people went back for another so I must not be the only one happy.

I LIKE Lisa.

I just think this was a cheap bag with poor quality control....they are now stuck with thousands of them and are selling them hard.

I just feel like an idiot for falling for the "training" - the more you carry it the softer it will get, etc.

I'm mad at myself. For falling for the sales pitch and not returning it within 30 days.

Trusted Contributor

I am definitely calling Corporate in the morning to tell them the ridiculous story I was told. When I spoke to the woman there, I told her these bags should not be sold in this condition and the people who work in the warehouse should not be sending out returns. I also told her that I couldn't understand what happened to QVC's Quality control? Are you telling me that they don't see these defects or smell these bags? She told me that is why she wanted to personally inspect the bag to see how they are going to handle these issues. I also mentioned it would be nice if they were made here in the USA, so we can give jobs to so many unemployed people. I don't understand why is it that only products made in China have that chemical smell, and it's not only these bags, there are other items and also products from HSN. Let me also address this, I buy what I like. I love the look and size of these bags. I don't buy something because it comes from a certain vendor or designer. I like Lisa but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy everything from her line. As a matter of fact, this is the only item I've bought from the Gili line. I will not spend thousands of dollars on a handbag so I would not buy the original, but that's just me. Not everyone feels they have to have the original or can even afford it. I will let you know what Corporate has to say about these defects. Oh yes and if I get a perfect bag!
Super Contributor

I have 4 of these and have not had any problems with any of them other than that I was sent an Ivory Ostrich, rather than a Natural Ostrich. This was quickly corrected by a very nice CS rep. I like Lisa, but don't go wild over her things, this is just the exact bag I have been searching for without success before I saw the Roma 2. I missed the TSV, but am still very happy with my purchases. Sorry you have had such a bad experience, but agree that you should just work with Corporate contact rather than CS now that it has been escalated.

Valued Contributor

Hey folks. How about this? Give it up on the ROMA. It's not the only bag in the world. It's obviously a cheaply made piece of doo doo. So - just find another one to obsess over!

Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 maizer said: What I don't get is all the nastiness about these bags and people who bought them. Not just on this thread but others as well. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I bought three, black, espresso and natural ostrich, and they were all perfect. No streaks, smells or other horror stories. And no, I'm not obsessed with Lisa. I enjoy her but for some reason that totally eludes me, she seems to really get under people's skin. I bought the bag because its gorgeous, good leather and size for the price and I don't want to spend thousands for a Gucci. Pure and simple, nice bag. The reviews are mostly good for these bags and it is too bad that a few had a bad bag sent to them. I think from reading the reviews, most people are happy and really love the bag. Lots of people went back for another so I must not be the only one happy.

I agree. I bought the cream snake and then came back for the cream ostrich and picked up an aubergine "as is". All 3 are perfect. No streaking, no smells, no stiffness and no, I am not a "Lisa Lover"...

Honored Contributor

It's totally unromarkable.

Trusted Contributor

I am so happy for those of you who received perfect bags. I wanted the cream ostrich but was afraid that it would not be appropriate for the winter months here in NJ. Here's hoping I receive my perfect natural ostrich bag!