Contributor

Re: Tired of all the UGLY shoes.

[ Edited ]

Thank-you for spelling it out!  I am so tired of tunics, tops that feel and look like maternity tops.  Butt flaps is a funny term!  Thanks for making me laugh out loud, by myself in my family room!

Honored Contributor

Sick of the ugly, clunky shoes too, but QVC isn't the only one.  Yesterday's Bzee's TSV on HSN were ugly.  Now, today's Alegria.  They look a lot like my Sloggers.  I hate clunky soles.  I also never cared for the wide white sole that was all the rage this year for sneakers either.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah all the shopping channels shoes look like they have the same buyer because all the shoes look similiar.  Years ago the shoe shows were one of my favorites to watch on HSN and QVC but those days are gone I don't watch the shoe shows.  I'll stick with the department stores as far as shoe shopping.

Respected Contributor

For cute everyday shoes, I often go to Talbot’s. Cute and styles at affordable prices. Just bought the cutest kitties moc from them and also the flats with grosgrain detail. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love the Spenco & Fly London shoes Kourtney has on late night.

Esteemed Contributor

I think one of the reasons that women's comfort shoes are ugly is that most shoe companies are run by men. Ever notice how most of the comfort shoes look like cut down versions of men's shoes? Only Caleres, the parent company of Naturalizer, Bzees, Fergielicious, Sam Edelman, Ryka, and Lifestride has a woman at the helm. And even a lot of their shoes are ugly or not comfortable.

Shoemakers either make shoes that are sky high stilettos or mother hubbard fugly shoes it seems.

Respected Contributor

I thought they did pretty good this year bringing in some new styles. I noticed because many have high heels and I can't wear them. They still show more of the same old same old though. I thought they had an excellent boot selection too. 

Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I have noticed that many look like nurse's or old lady orthopedic shoes. I even ordered a few to try them out, but they all made me feel like Frankenstein. I do love Earth brand, though. They're stylish, yet accomodate my wide feet!

New Contributor

These clunky shoes have no style. they resemble combat boots. In smaller sizes they look silly but in size 9 and up we look like we could get a job stamping out forest fires!!!! Who are these designers that either want to cripple us with 7 inch stilletos or make us look as if we are wearing cement shoes????? Did the shoe industry corner the market on rubber? The soles are ugly. Let's just call them Frankenstein shoes and be donbe with it!!!!

Occasional Contributor

Their boots are pretty nice, especially Isaac's and Marc's.