Frequent Contributor

Tide Patty showing signs of wear ALREADY!

I wrote a glowing review on my first pair of Tide sandals, the Patty. Very pretty! The arch was more supportive than the many other pairs of Vionic Bella sandals I bought. I just happened to look at the bottom of them today, and they are already beginning to show where on the outer sides of the heel. I’ve worn them approximately 10 hrs., all on short stints without excessive walking.

I do overpronate, but I checked every other pair of my Vionic sandals and slippers, some over five years old, and only some are just beginning to show signs of wear. Sadly I will have to return. Perhaps the tide style is not for me. I’m just glad I found it within the 30 day return period.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tide Patty showing signs of wear ALREADY!

I think over-pronation can be hard on shoes but showing wear after only ten hours isn't reasonable.

Esteemed Contributor

I have my original pair of the tide thongs.  Mine are 11 years old and are still in goid shape;  the arch support is still firm.  

Honored Contributor

Glad I saw this post.  I was just looking at that sandal and couldn't decide on the light blue or navy.  I just may pass on it now.