Super Contributor

Those inexpensive "slip on loafers" on Amazon

While looking through the shoes category on Amazon I came across several brands that I have never heard of sellilng these loafers in a myriad of colors; mostly in the 20 dollar or under range.  I was surprised at all of the good reviews they received.  From the pictures I can tell they don't provide much foot support.  I need a pair of yellow flats to go with one skirt - I obviously won't be wearing yellow flats all that often and don't want to spend a fortune.  I won't be walking much in them either.  If you have had any experience with any of these brands I would appreciate a post.  The shoes usually come in two styles - solid with no perforation and perforated with a side lace.  Not sure I was able to mention the specific brands.  Thanks !

Honored Contributor

Re: Those inexpensive "slip on loafers" on Amazon

[ Edited ]

It would have been helpful if you'd provided a picture.  To say they're cheap shoes is not enough description to know what youre talking about.  Many of these shoes are made in Asia and run very small.  By the way, I love a pair of yellow shoes for summer because they are a neutral and go with everything.

Could this be the shoe?  I got this from Zulily a couple months ago.  I went up a size.  They are not very comfortable, like being barefooted.  As you say, no support.  I imagine after a little wear the top edge would get stretched out since its just a raw edge.

20180603_174730.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@gellen

Go ahead and mention the brand name, I think it's OK as long as you don't give a website. 

Otherwise, it's almost impossible to determine precisely what you're talking about since Amazon has so many brands.

Super Contributor

Yes Kachina the  picture you posted looks like the ones I saw.  The brand names were Yiruiya and Fantiny among others. Odd names.  Your opinion of these shoes echoed what I was thinking; although it is tempting if you are looking for a color you don't plan on wearing much.    PS.  I will have to get my grandchidren over here some day and teach me how to post pictures !!  My computer skills are limited to say the least.  

Respected Contributor

I bought a pair from Amazon like the ones Kachina bought from Zulily. Mine have the same soles, are royal blue and have 2 small, decorative buckles on the side. I wear them to run quick errands or go grocery shopping and they’re fine. I’ve also worn them in the rain and haven’t come home with blue toes. I wouldn’t wear them if I expected to be on my feet for long periods of time, but I haven’t had any problems so far. I couldn’t find a name or size, but I remember that they were made in China and cost less than $20. Go ahead and give them a try! I’ve been pleasantly surprised by what I thought would be throwaway shoes.

Honored Contributor

@gellen.  I imagine for the situation you described, they would be fine.   Just don't plan on taking a long hike.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Huh?  How can anyone comment on a specific brand if you won't tell them what brand...LOL   Amazon sells thousands of shoe brands.  I'm sure you can say the brand.  You said Amazon and nothing bad happened....LOL

Honored Contributor

@gellen...............those are most likely Asian companies.  I think the shoes would run very small.  The Asian companies clothes are very small.  Their extra large size is about a 10, 12.  I am very chosy about the company I order clothes from on Amazon.  I have learned reading the description some will say these are asian sizes order up, or these run small pay attention to size chart.  Big clues that these will be asian size clothing.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a beautiful pair of yellow shoes with a decorative flower attached from a company called Newchic.

I did go up a size: they fit fine, and feel sturdy to me. However, I would not claim that everyone will like them.

This company has some dazzling styles, though. I will order again!